Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
who's wearing pink into the woods for brestcancer >

who's wearing pink into the woods for brestcancer

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

who's wearing pink into the woods for brestcancer

Old 10-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

cayugad,
I have some longjohns which stared out red, but have been pink for at least 10 years. I guess I was ahead of the BC pink time. Since BC awareness month ends today, I wonder if it is legal to wear them for deer hunting next month.

We have fun with the pink thing, but, Breast Cancer is no joke. IMO anything that boosts awareness is a plus. I lost a very close friend to BC about 30 years ago, and trying to be supportive as she died by inches over almost a year, was one of the most painful experiences of my life.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

I would think pumps are hard to hunt with
Old 10-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Dominant Buck

cayugad,
I have some longjohns which stared out red, but have been pink for at least 10 years. I guess I was ahead of the BC pink time. Since BC awareness month ends today, I wonder if it is legal to wear them for deer hunting next month.

We have fun with the pink thing, but, Breast Cancer is no joke. IMO anything that boosts awareness is a plus. I lost a very close friend to BC about 30 years ago, and trying to be supportive as she died by inches over almost a year, was one of the most painful experiences of my life.
I meant no disparagement in my comment to the "pink movement." I do understand the importance of getting people to pay attention to a specific cause. And breast cancer is a terrible disease and one that women (and even men) need to pay particular attention to with their health care providers. Early detection is the key.

I have a family member that was afflicted with breast cancer. Fortunately they detected it early, took aggressive measures to confront the disease, and last known, she was still cancer free.

And if sales of pink items does funnel money to the breast cancer cause, that's a great idea. I hope all those who seriously want to help find a cure to cancer and other diseases, in addition to just wearing something to remind others of the plight of those suffering, also take the opportunity to open their hearts and generously donate to these causes as well.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lung cancer is at the top of the list of cancers that kill people. BC is 4th-5th.

Not sure why it's singled out. All cancer needs help.

I had skin cancer on my face (melanoma). I have 100 stitches to show for it. I'm still not wearing pink.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

My wife is a 2yr 5month survivor of BC.. The main reason for the pink thing is people associate certain things easier when a catchy phrase or symbol is used. As in the Lance armstrong wrist bands. If I thought it would help I would dress in all pink while hunting if a cure could be found. And Muley's correct... if found early BC is about 80% curable maybe even higher as treatments improve.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

save the ta ta's

Last edited by stripercrazy; 10-31-2011 at 03:23 PM.