HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Don't Shoot the Messenger... TC vs CVA-Traditions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/352283-dont-shoot-messenger-tc-vs-cva-traditions.html)

donjose 10-28-2011 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3867837)
no they had the 1/4 turn plug with the rubber seal and o rings.

The speed breech 3 that tc came out with recently is a big time copy of cva and traditions plug.

Thats what I was thinking

ronlaughlin 10-28-2011 06:34 PM

no they had the 1/4 turn plug with the rubber seal and o rings.

The 1/4 turn plug has 1 O-ring, which i guess is the rubber seal you are referring to. There are 3 compression rings, but they are not rubber O-ring; they are steel.

The speed breech 3 that tc came out with recently is a big time copy of cva and traditions plug.

By examining these photo, one can see the new TC plug is far from being a 'big time' copy of the QRBP. The nose of the 2 plugs are totally different in how they marry the barrel. The TC plug has a concavity at the end whereas the CVA plug doesn't. The TC plug reliably ignites BH209; the CVA plug doesn't. The TC plug has triple lead threads; the CVA plug doesn't.

CVA has begun selling a new QRB plug that is designed to work with BH209. One of these new Apex plug in my possession has virtually the same critical dimensions as the TC Omega plug i.e. the length of the flame channel are near identical. The diameter of the flame channel are identical. The diameter of the flash hole are identical. It would seem CVA copied these dimension from the Omega plug.

Muley Hunter 10-28-2011 06:40 PM

I thought Western designed the CVA BH plug?

I guess we can throw them in the lawsuit too.

Go to Jon's forum, and read what Carlos said about this lawsuit. It makes sense.

MountainDevil54 10-28-2011 06:42 PM

Factory plug on a CVA will work perfectly with BH209 when you correctly adjust your head space.

Check out the traditions plug, it uses that course thread to back out faster than the cva plug. TC copy traditions on this area as well?

Western Powders designed the plug for CVA if you are forgetting LOL.

builder459 10-28-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3867897)
Factory plug on a CVA will work perfectly with BH209 when you correctly adjust your head space.

Check out the traditions plug, it uses that course thread to back out faster than the cva plug. TC copy traditions on this area as well?

Western wouldn't be involved in the suit. they were contracted by CVA, who markets it for use on there products.with all due respect, this is a legitimate suit and long over due and applies to a lot of products copied from U.S company's and made out of country with cheap labor,then shipped back assembled or to a plant here for assembly.in the end it's not CVA's fault but our politicians,greedy corporations and the horrid one sided trade agreements, which have gutted the jobs in this country and wiped out the middle class..more comapnys need to file suits and lobby politicians.CVA rifle quality has improved greatly, especially the barrels, with the guidance of an American whom BPI/Bergara hired (Shilen)which was a smart move on there part.it pains me to see so many folks out of work and has even affected my life in a very negative way.everyone has the right to buy whatever they like in this country, but you better have thick skin, if your going to cheer on the sidelines for comapny's like CVA and others.

Muley Hunter 10-28-2011 07:11 PM

Thick skin is not a problem.

MountainDevil54 10-28-2011 07:12 PM

My guess would be that CVA employs more Americans with work than they do over in spain. CVA's factory is mainly machines doing all the work.

builder459 10-28-2011 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3867897)

Jon, so your saying instead of CVA making there rifles so one plug will ignite all powders, they left the rifles as is. then had another plug designed strictly for BH209 and now sell 2 plugs,one for BH209 and the other for the remaining BP subs lol.Ron assessment of the new T/C BP is spot on.i will also ad that it's shorter than the CVA BP also. along with all the other things he mentioned.T/C was the inventor of speed/quick release BP and not CVA.remember who was second place on that one also..:s6:

Muley Hunter 10-28-2011 07:27 PM

CVA sells more ML guns, so lets sue them. :rolleyes:

MountainDevil54 10-28-2011 07:29 PM

The BH209 plug works with all loose powder. You cant use that HP breech plug with pellets otherwise you are left with a huge air gap behind the pellet. Air gaps dont mix with pressure.

TC's speed breech was taken from the old artillery breeches. Its been around longer than TC has been. So they basically took a design and scaled it down.

This game has been around longer than all of us have lived. Its just greed and power hungry persons wanting to make us buy one brand, their brand.

Since Knight made the first real inline, TC came along with inlines that look a lot of Knights.

Heck look at what happened to Clear shot, sued out of business by Hodgdon over a round shape and a hole in the center of the pellet. Its not right for a company to lose their business due to a shape of something no one owns a patent on.

Hell, remember Ganders Muzzleloading Forum? Yep, i had to change it due to the word Gander " Gander mountain maybe biched?"