Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

My new knight

Old 10-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Banned

small gun store in northern new mexico. Sorry no more left LOL. It was one of those rare finds.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I knew they went for this much, I'd have bought one the other weekend. Do the 50 cals go for this much?

I was at an auction a little over a week ago, and one store had stopped selling muzzle loaders, so they were selling off their inventory. They had a ton of NIB Knight disk rifles in various configurations, some with synthetic stocks, some with laminate, some with blued barrels, some with stainless ones. Plus they had a bunch of other NIB older Knights that took the #11 caps, and had that safety on the bolt you unscrew. Those all went in the $100-150 range, and the Disk rifles went mostly in the $200-250 range. They had a couple of other odd balls, like a Savage muzzle loader, that I bid on, but didn't win, a Traditions Pursuit that went for more than new, and a Knight Revolution that a buddy bought for $160.

I almost bought one, but ultimately it none of them were exactly what I wanted so I passed on them, even though they seemed to be going for good prices. I also didn't know enough about them to know what they were worth so that scared me. The only one I really was interested in was the Savage, and it went higher than I was willing to pay.