Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Why All The Knight Haters?? >

Why All The Knight Haters??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Why All The Knight Haters??

Old 10-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Omega45
Well Muley,

You said a few days ago you found a really good deal on a scoped Optima, it may have been yesterday. Today you tell one poster you bought the same gun, Optima. Then in another thread today you say your undecided on the Optima or Accura?

And not long ago you were tricked by Randy Wakeman and said you would not recommend a CVA to anyone but you buy one or are buying one? You post so much you forget what you typed and think others do not remember?

I do not expect you to make up a reason, we can leave it as is.
I guess I need to explain so you'll stop annoying me and others.

Thomas at CVA is a customer rep. We had a long conversation about the Accura and Optima. He had one Optima package deal. (scope, gun, gun case). I told him i was waiting for some money to be transferred from Paypal to my bank account, and then i'd buy it. He said fine, and call him when i'm ready. I don't think he'd mind if I decide to go with the more expensive Accura instead of the Optima. So, basically I bought the Optima, but I still have time to change my mind.

I already explained the Randy deal. I was concerned with all the cases against CVA. Randy PM'd me, and we talked a lot about it. I had enough doubt to not recommend a CVA, but not enough to keep me from buying one. I still think it's a good gun. I've owned three of them, and I haven't had any problems, but I don't shoot max loads, and never will. I don't think they're needed to take game.

Are we done now, or are you going to continue to go over all my past posts to trip me up? It won't work. I don't make stuff up. I might change my mind now and then, but can anybody say they don't do that too? It's not a crime.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Yep, I'll stop for the night.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont own a knight, but if I ever find a MK85 stainless, I would try to grab it up.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Angry

Originally Posted by donjose

Here is my problem i paid a decent sum of money that came out of my account and still no shipping, today is day 9 !!! Next I wanted to go opening day with my Knight but now it will be a CVA so thats why I am bummed !!! Reminds me when I had a issue with a Taurus I bought, as of now Knight,Taurus,Century Arms are at the bottom in my opinion
They should never debit your account until they ship your goods. You should call and put them on notice for that crap. No company I deal with would do this. Not a good practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

Beings it seems they do not or have not made enough to keep stock. They probably had to debit your account to pay their supplier for the stuff you ordered, or worse to make payroll......
Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned a Knight KRB7 for about three years now and shot it maybe 10 times. It's sitting in my gun safe towards the back. Shoots very well with Harvester Crushed Rib sabots, 300gr XTP, 90gr Pyrodex, and a W209 primer. Just don't have enough time to shoot my muzzleloaders. My go to gun for deer season is still my CVA Wolf With a 300gr Barnes Expander MZ. I haven't shot it since last deer season. I did buy the newer Wolf with the new breach plug design 4 months ago and haven't pop a cap in it yet. I like my Knight and CVA's.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I dont own a knight, but if I ever find a MK85 stainless, I would try to grab it up.
Go to williams gun sights web site, they have a .50 and .54 both for less than $200.00.i have been visiting there used gun section for about 4 months now,they have some good deals.