Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
250 Grain Deep Curl Ballistic Charts >

250 Grain Deep Curl Ballistic Charts

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

250 Grain Deep Curl Ballistic Charts

Old 10-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's if you know exactly what your MV is.

I'm not trusting of what ammo companies claim. I used to have a Chrono, but I lent it to a buddy (ex), and he shot it.
The data the powder companies put out is "usually" somewhere in the ball park. But it's sometimes quite a bit faster than what I get with the chrono.

I like the Handloads.com calculator because when I've compared the actual trajectory with my chronographed loads at 50, 75, 100 & 125 yards with their chart it has always pretty well matched.

Last edited by Semisane; 10-17-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok, i'll use what you posted, and see how it works out. Tanks.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

One question Semi, I was surprised that the charts were identical for the 1500 fps and the 1550 fps. Why is that I wonder?
Old 10-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great information Semi! the .250 DC/GD is a excellent bullet, both in price and terminal performance from 0-150 yds, with 90-120 gr charge and the .300 gr version is a better loner range choice, with similar powder charges, due to it's better BC and down range energy.for the vast majority of hunters who's shots are 0-100 yds,this is all the bullet anyone could ask for.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by aarontriton
How much powder?
oh yeah sorry ! 100 grains 777
I don't have any chrono records for FFFG T7 with that bullet aarontriton. But based on my 100 grain load of FFG, I would suspect something close to 1900. That chart should give you a reasonable point of reference.

But I always check my hunting load at 50, 75, 100 and 125 yards (and sometimes 150 also) by shooting two shots at each of those distances into the same target. I start at 50 yards and mark those two shots on the target when I move it to 75 yards, and mark the hits for 75 yards when I move it to 100, etc.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Not for bull elk. It's my target next year. I'm working on a deal right now for another inline.

Ha Ha..SURPRISE!
No surprise here old timer. you change your mind like most people do underwear don't you own a .54 cal round ball rifle? remember you catch phrase"one RB at a time"
Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by flounder33
One question Semi, I was surprised that the charts were identical for the 1500 fps and the 1550 fps. Why is that I wonder?

Probably because I screwed up copying the chart Flounder. I'll check it and correct it. Thanks "Old Eagle Eye".

EDIT: That was weird. I opened the EDIT feature for the original post and it showed the correct charts for 1500 and 1550 fps. So I just saved it again and it self-corrected.

SECOND EDIT: Oops! Now I see the problem. Although the first chart shows a MV of 1500 in the upper left corner, the data is for 1550. I must have forgotten to hit the "calculate" button before I copied the chart. I'll fix it.

Last edited by Semisane; 10-17-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by builder459
No surprise here old timer. you change your mind like most people do underwear don't you own a .54 cal round ball rifle? remember you catch phrase"one RB at a time"
I didn't think i'd be hunting bulls anymore. It's not in my nature to give up on anything. I want to keep hunting bulls until I can't walk anymore. The difference is i'm going to camp next year. I'm hoping that will make hauling the meat out easier.

So, that's what changed my mind about not using a PRB. I'll still use it for everything else. I sold my .54. I thought a .50 would be enough for what I was going to hunt, but not a bull. Plus i'm going to hunt a new unit next year. It has more open shots. I need more range, and I need a scope. That says inline to me.

Make sense? (for me)
Old 10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

flounder33

Art... you know Semi and his weird sense of humor.... he posted that mistake on purpose - just checking to see if anyone was reading his posts...
Old 10-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I didn't think i'd be hunting bulls anymore. It's not in my nature to give up on anything. I want to keep hunting bulls until I can't walk anymore. The difference is i'm going to camp next year. I'm hoping that will make hauling the meat out easier.

So, that's what changed my mind about not using a PRB. I'll still use it for everything else. I sold my .54. I thought a .50 would be enough for what I was going to hunt, but not a bull. Plus i'm going to hunt a new unit next year. It has more open shots. I need more range, and I need a scope. That says inline to me.

Make sense? (for me)
This is all yah need and it's somewhere between old and new technology..

http://www.oeoutfitters.com/scripts/...?idCategory=36

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.