Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Giramrod/spinjag

Old 10-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Giramrod/spinjag

Well since i will be hunting the center fire season next month with my Triumph, i decided to order the Gi ramrod and spin jag cut custom length to my rifle. the ramrod is solid aluminum and should serve me well.i also like the spin jag concept, especially for cleaning purposes. cost for both items was $49.00.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by builder459
Well since i will be hunting the center fire season next month with my Triumph, i decided to order the Gi ramrod and spin jag cut custom length to my rifle. the ramrod is solid aluminum and should serve me well.i also like the spin jag concept, especially for cleaning purposes. cost for both items was $49.00.
I have not done the GI rod thing - but I am telling you, at the risk of shilling, I have a bunch of the Spin Jags - they are no less than awesome.

I also prefer the 'Original' spin jag as he has it designed so that it will serve as a cleaner/loader + the diameter and fit on the jag on the nose of the bullet makes it so that the jag does not marr the sabot as you installing the load.

Awesome tool!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
I have not done the GI rod thing - but I am telling you, at the risk of shilling, I have a bunch of the Spin Jags - they are no less than awesome.

I also prefer the 'Original' spin jag as he has it designed so that it will serve as a cleaner/loader + the diameter and fit on the jag on the nose of the bullet makes it so that the jag does not marr the sabot as you installing the load.

Awesome tool!!!
The original spin jag is what i ordered and i have read nothing but rave reviews on the solid Gi ramrod also.Ray
Old 10-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

The original spin jag is what i ordered and i have read nothing but rave reviews on the solid Gi ramrod also.Ray
cool!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the GIRammrod (G.I. Ramrod) w/ SpinJag loader (not the original) for my T/C Omega, and the SpinJag starter. I actually had the SpinJag loader before, and was planning on making my own G.I. Ramrod by cutting and then tapping my existing rod. But when I shot both my ramrod and my SpinJag loader out of my gun, well, I "splurged" and picked up both the G.I. Ramrod and Loader together.

Excellent products from an excellent guy. I have actually picked up my purchases from Mr. Gunn’s shop in person since the business is in town and talked with him at length each time. Very cool to see a muzzleloading innovation being made right in your own back yard.

Endeavor…whatever your beef with Mike, why pot stir? Let’s let it simmer and let this thread be about Spinjags.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

I have the original spinjag and think it's money well spent.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

I was wondering about the G3 ram rod but was worried it would break were you screw the pieces together?

Last edited by donjose; 10-14-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by donjose
I was wondering about the G3 ram rod but was worried it would break were you screw the pieces together?
it is a solid one piece aluminum ram rod, with a spin jag screwed on the end, instead of your standard jag..
Old 10-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

it is a solid one piece aluminum ram rod, with a spin jag screwed on the end, instead of your standard jag..

Have to get back on there sight, I thought the G3 broke down in to 3 sections?
Old 10-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I hope you like it let us know with some pictures. I don't know much about those bought ones other than the ones that come with the guns I have always made my own from aluminium doll I just center drill both ends after I cut them to length and tap them 10-32. My range rod is a different story made by Lehigh it is the best I have ever seen by far and away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.