Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
first thoughts on the Encore FX muzzleloaders >

first thoughts on the Encore FX muzzleloaders

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

first thoughts on the Encore FX muzzleloaders

Old 10-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default first thoughts on the Encore FX muzzleloaders

First lockup is better than with the standard Encore model. Barrel fits the receiver better(there is almost no gap between the sides of the barrel and receiver.

Breech plug is about 1/2-3/4 of an inch shorter then the older speed breech plug and should work great for loose powder shooters. Length of barrel to end of the plug is 26.5 inches. Might be a one inch difference to a 28 inch Pro Hunter model because of the shorter breech plug on the FX.

Will get it to the range in the next few weeks to crony it and see what velocity you get with the shorter barrel... I bet there will be little or no difference but we shall see about that.

If you want to take a look at the new breech plug click on the innovations tab here:

http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/proHunterFX.php
Old 10-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

i have considered the tc encore fx because i would have no intentions of swithcing barrels , i am curious as to the accuracy of this gun?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

T/C did the right thing with this ML. They new they had problems and really could not correct them with all the barrels already out there.

Hopefully this ML will be right out of the box. I hope to hear good things and i will probably get one myself.

Alot of people are making after market parts to correct the regular ProHunters and Endeavors. They obviously dont and wont like this.

Cant wait to see your range reports. Thanks
Old 10-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I handled one the other day at Cabelas. While i see the advantage in a swap barrel, i did like it. I wish they would have made it in a 2 barrel set with a 45cal barrel also.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

The barrel on the FX is in place with a hinge pin that can only be tapped out one way. The barrel will come off however no other barrels will work due to its design. I have been given one report by a good friend who did a trigger job on one. Space will not be made in my safe for one.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Omega45
The barrel on the FX is in place with a hinge pin that can only be tapped out one way. The barrel will come off however no other barrels will work due to its design. I have been given one report by a good friend who did a trigger job on one. Space will not be made in my safe for one.

You couldn't get another gun in your safe if you tried!! haha.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

has any one shot this gun? for those of us who could care less if you can buy a $300 dollar barrel for it . i would be interested in accuracy
Old 10-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

The Encores were made so YOU have the option of switching barrels. If you want a tried and proven fixed barrel TC without passing a background check get a Omega or Triumph.

Accuracy is not that great from what I hear but I have not shot one so I will comment no further.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Omega45
The Encores were made so YOU have the option of switching barrels. If you want a tried and proven fixed barrel TC without passing a background check get a Omega or Triumph.

Accuracy is not that great from what I hear but I have not shot one so I will comment no further.
+ 1. the Omega and triumph both are proven muzzle loaders. the Triumph is a extremely accurate rifle right out of the box, no need to buy anything and no need for a trigger job.all i did to mine was apply some Jb/Kroil to smooth the bore out and it shoots just about any .240-.300 gr saboted bullet with excellent accuracy.i will admit i have never been a fan of rifles with interchangeable barrels. they always seem to have some type of issues.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

yes i know there are other tc s with a fixed barrel but i dont care for them i like the feel of the the fx witch is a fixed barrel gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.