Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Pro Hunter XT or Endeavor?  Need Help >

Pro Hunter XT or Endeavor? Need Help

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pro Hunter XT or Endeavor? Need Help

Old 10-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Spike

Default Pro Hunter XT or Endeavor? Need Help

Im going to buy either the XT or Endeavor and was wondering everybodys opinions. Pros/Cons? Major differences? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

They are one in the same... the endeavor was an upgrade of the prohunter that included the speedbreach XT... now it appears, they are just calling them a Pro Hunter XT.... If you do not plan on swapping barrels just go with the FX (fixed barrel) option and save some money.

The speed breach is really nice, I get zero blow by and have shot as many as 50 shots at one time with bh209 powder with zero ftf's and the BP still turned out by hand... I think you will love it, alot say there are issues with the trigger and hinge pin but, i have had zero problems with mine out of the box and will shoot sub moa at 100yds.

Last edited by EndeavorShooter; 10-04-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Spike

I plan on swapping barrels. Ive found the XT .50 cal for around $775 in the box so far
Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Endeavor and love it. I do not see any major differences. You will probably need to do a trigger job and relieve the "ears " on either to get the best results.
I recommend the #3 kit from Bellm and down loading the free instruction movie on how to do it if you have not work on Encores before.
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=16
I put the #3 and the stronger hammer spring and the stronger lock spring stoned the mating surfaces and sanded the forearm ears until I could slide a dollar bill under them. Mine will hold a minute of angle with all of the Shock Wave bullets I recommend the bonded 250 or the 50/40 200gr for deer, most of the Lehigh all brass will shoot a minute of angle all so the 200 gr 50 / 40 is very accurate at 200 yards.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

I love mine and wouldn't get rid of it for any other ML'er out there....

Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Lee, I never had to sand mine and i always use 2 business cards when i break it all the way down and put it back together. I slip them in between the ears and frame on both sides as i tighten the fore end. My trigger breaks at 3.5lbs from the factory and that is just about where i like em.

I also get excellant result with the Hornady SST and I started using the Harvester PT Golds this year with better accuracy and can not wait to see the damage they will do to a whitetail.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by HuntIa
Im going to buy either the XT or Endeavor and was wondering everybodys opinions. Pros/Cons? Major differences? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I have three Pro Hunters, two stainless and one blued. All have had Bellm trigger jobs done and Bellm 51# hammer springs installed. Just recently installed Bellm 1x hinge pins and love em. They are all fine tuned shooting machines!! I bought all three of mine frame and stock only. Saves you some money when buying in pieces.

This 3 shot group was shot last Friday with my .45 Encore Bergara barrel at 100yds with 200gr Hornady SST's. 6 clicks left and it's ready to hunt.

Either way you decide to go there are a few on here that can assist you. I will send you a PM which may save you a few bucks.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

My endeavor was a bit over 5 pounds pull and the ears were a bit tight. how ever after a bit of touch up I am delighted with it, the only other muzzleloader I have that shoots as good is my Triumph and I have quite a few. Some targets I shot yesterday getting sighted in for hunting at 100 yds.
Attached Thumbnails Pro Hunter XT or Endeavor?  Need Help-scan0003.jpg   Pro Hunter XT or Endeavor?  Need Help-scan0001.jpg  
Old 10-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

Nice groups there Lee. Looks like your ready to hunt!
Old 10-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think so and when I can get away I have been invited to hunt boar where a farmer is over run with them. Wife has had a heart problem and I have not wanted to get to far away but things are under control now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.