Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
You may be seeing more of my posts...SOON!!! >

You may be seeing more of my posts...SOON!!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

You may be seeing more of my posts...SOON!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default You may be seeing more of my posts...SOON!!!

I visit several ML forums on a regular basis. I am a traditional at heart, but I own 17 blackpowder firearms. Four are in-line rifles with scopes, five are flintlock open sighted rifles, six are sidelock percussion open sighted rifles, one is a Kentucky percussion single shot, and the last is a Rem. model 1858 BP six shooter. The bottom line is.....on this site I am not discriminated against for having an in-line, or for using conicals, or for using a sidelock perc. or in-line on a rainy day rather than worrying whether or not my flintlock will go off. I just made a post on another site that may UPSET the mainstream because I caught one of their proverbial "Gods" doing something that I have read them B-atching about more than once in the past, but hey, I was brought up to call a spade a spade. SO, like me or not, you boys may be seeing more of me on here!!!....BPS
Old 10-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

welcome aboard!

Now, are you going to name the rifles for us or do we just have to have someone hold you down while we search for these muzzys of yours?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is by far my favorite forum BPS and we're glad to have you here. It's "looser" and friendlier than most others (except for an old grouch or two ). Heck, you'll even see a fishing report now and then.

If you can manage it, give the three-shot offhand game a try* and see if you can smoke Bronko. But I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't mind shooting a group a little larger than mine. It's embarrassing having the largest group so far.

*http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...-contests.html
Old 10-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome BPS most all here very easygoing,and well aged so we tend to be more mellow.Enjoy
Old 10-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
welcome aboard!

Now, are you going to name the rifles for us or do we just have to have someone hold you down while we search for these muzzys of yours?
MD...I wanted to post pics. like Semisane did, but I can't seem to find a "photogenic" background. But anyway I will try to list them accordingly from smallest to largest caliber...Here goes....

Pedersoli Blue Ridge rifle .32 Percussion
T/C Firehawk .32 perc. in-line w/scope
T/C Seneca .36 Perc.
CVA Kentucky .44 perc. single shot pistol
T/C Hawken .45 Flint
T/C Hawken .50 perc.
T/C Scout Carbine .50 perc. w/scope
T/C Scout rifle .50 perc. w/scope
T/C Renegade .50 flint
T/C Firestorm .50 flint
T/C Pennsylvania Hunter carbine .50 flint
T/C Renegade .54 perc.
T/C Renegade flint w/.54 GM barrel 1:70 twist
Cabela's Hawken (Interarms) .54 perc.
T/C Firehawk .58 in-line w/scope
Remington (Uberti) model 1858 revolver
OOOPS...I almost forgot...a New Orleans Ace, .44 cal single shot "boot pistol"
I also have a T/C .56 Renegade smoothbore barrel and a 20ga. "drop in" barrel for the Cabelas Hawken...BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 10-03-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Boys...I cannot tell a lie!!! Two of those rifles actually belong (technically) to my wife! One because she actually bought it before we became nuptiually intertwined, (that's kind of a kinky way of saying married!...LOL) and the other because she shoots it better than I do and has killed more deer than I have with it!!!...BPS
Old 10-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Whoa BPS! That's a nice group of smokers. We'll be expecting some shooting reports from you for sure.

Start off with the New Orleans Ace. I can hit a fifty-five gallon drum with mine from ten feet, but that's about it. I believe they were meant to push into someone's belly before you pulled the trigger. It's great for blank loads on the 4th. of July and New Year's Eve though.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I appreciate the help you boys have offered up. Semisane, I'm gonna try the liquid wrench as a patch lube...Bronko, I'm gonna lap the bore of my GM .54 RB barrel with some JB. I've been shooting/hunting/enjoying muzzleloading firearms now for about 38 yrs. and I'm still learning new things thanks to good folks like you. It's a pleasure to visit this site with you all...or y'all (depending on where you're from!...LOL)...BPS
Old 10-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Whoa BPS! That's a nice group of smokers. We'll be expecting some shooting reports from you for sure.

Start off with the New Orleans Ace. I can hit a fifty-five gallon drum with mine from ten feet, but that's about it. I believe they were meant to push into someone's belly before you pulled the trigger. It's great for blank loads on the 4th. of July and New Year's Eve though.

I think mine shoots better than yours....I can hit a 55 gal. drum at 15 FEET!!!!....LOL...BPS
Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.