Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Muzzleloading shows >

Muzzleloading shows

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Muzzleloading shows

Old 09-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Banned

Default Muzzleloading shows

i know there was another thread about this but damned if i can find it.

Whats your issues with todays hunting shows when they use muzzle loaders?

My problem they never show us what they are using, never show us a target of them actually shooting it, never show us their procedures for shooting the group they shot. Its always just, ooooooh yeah!! the ol encore does it again baby! big buck down!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Its always just, ooooooh yeah!! the ol encore does it again baby! big buck down!
Yep, it's that way on many of the centerfire rifle hunting shows too. The Encore in 416 in Atom Smasher scores again.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well MD, maybe what we need is a new show - Hunting With The Devil.

You should put together a half hour tape and submit it to CVA with a sponsorship proposal. I wouldn't mind watching late on a Sunday evening while sipping a Scotch.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Idea. A segment on a range session discussing the rifle, bullet, and load, followed by the hunting adventure. I think you could do it nicely.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Take a Gander with the Gander", brought to you by CVA and Gander Mountain.
That make-up artist is going to have her work cut out for her.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

How about a segment with flintlocks? "Rock Locks with Big Block"
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Banned

hey now that tv stuff would be hard.

I was just wondering what some of you would like to see. I personally am tired of all the crap stuff people on tv try selling.

Just watched a commercial now and its some kind of little deal that is basically a plastic box and uses a fan to blow deer scent around. Gimme a break! Hang a cloth soaked in deer urine and hang it on a branch a few feet off the ground where the wind can get to it and drift it out a heck of a lot further to where the deer may actually be.

I might do a little videoing this year in new mexico and show how we get the guns to shoot and actually show it. Im tired of this stuff being cut down on the tv shows. I'd rather see this than listen to some fool telling me about his food plot and telling me about the hunt. Show me your equipment in action, show me how well that bullet worked, show me the hunt as it unfolds. Other than that, shut the heck up, stop screaming like a little girl that just got stung by a bee and show us the good stuff.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think a traditional Blackpowder show would be great, showing different loads, and ammo types as well as a caplock hunting show - everything is so commercialized I hardly watch them anymore - I also thought a retail store devoted to muzzleloading supplies may be a good option - you have to order everything it seems like and the BP,Cabelas etc aren't capturing that market without ordering
Old 09-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was watching one a few weeks back, the fellow was hunting with an inline and scope and all they talked about was hunting with a "primitive weapon"...

Problem with hunting with a flintlock is sponsers...I made my .54, roll my own balls, buy bulk pillow ticking, make my own lube...I guess I could contact Goex and see if they would sponser and maybe go to Hornady swaged balls, but to me the fun is seeing how much you can do yourself...
Old 09-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

nchawkeye, sponsors would be good for paying for the hunting trip, license costs and such. Powder sponsor would be the next thing on the list for a flintlock shooter.

I personally would like to see a guy on a show making his own patches, lubes and casting his own round balls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.