Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Shipping

Old 09-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Shipping

How do you guys pack your guns for shipment if you are without the original box? Thanks!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

I make a box of course if I had none. And then get some bubble wrap and roll that rifle up in that. It will protect the rifle from dings and scratched. Also don't forget the ends of the rifle.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

WalMart, or Dick's(in my area), or some other large mass merchant usually has a pretty cheap plastic case they sell for around $10 to $14. I usually pick up one of those. And they usually come with a box. Or ask the clerk for one with the box.

A rifle is to valuable to take a chance with. And I have seen some real screw ups with a rifle that is shiped in a cardboard box, regardless of how well it is wrapped, and how well it fits the box. Even if it is the original box. I saw a Mark V Weatherby broken in two at the stock in a cardboard box once, and it was wrapped and packaged very well. Cardboard is just not strong enough. IMO. Tom.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Cayugad. But also, just to be safe, I always insure it for replacement value.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bubble wrap and tape. Should work pretty well and safe.