Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
traditons prusuit xlt help >

traditons prusuit xlt help

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

traditons prusuit xlt help

Old 09-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Spike

Default traditons prusuit xlt help

i finally got a muzzleloader and i was looking for some help i have a traditions prusuit xlt and was wondering what everyone else is shooting for sabots and if any shoot better out of this gun than others. thanks for the help any info is helpful
Old 09-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Dominant Buck

If you go to Tradition's web site, they off some excellent bullets. They have XTPs, Shockwaves, and others all under the Traditions name brand. If I were you I would get a pound of Pyrodex RS. Start out with 80 grains of powder and some XTP's and see how the rifle handles. The 250 grain should be good, or the 300 grain.. what ever you can find. Sight in and work up a load. Then start playing with other bullets.

What kind of distance and shot do you anticipate you might encounter?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try two 50 grain Pyrodex pellets touched off with a Winchester 209 muzzle loader primer and a .45 caliber, 240 grain XTP in a Thompson Center Mag Express sabot. The bullets and sabots are sold together in packs of thirty. That's what I have found shoots the best out of my Pursuit.
Here's two different targets on what I believe to be 2 different range trips with that load.
Good luck.

Last edited by pluckit; 09-10-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am currently shooting a Hornady XTP .452 250 grain bullet in a Harvester crush rib sabot. I am using 100 grains of Goex 2 f and a Winchester regular 209 primer. That load seems to work well. Today was opening of my muzzle loader deer hunt, so hopefully I can get a chance to try the load out on a buck!