Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

frustrating night

Old 08-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default frustrating night

I got bored so I went to work on my flinter. I had 3 brand new flints. can't find them.
have not had time to do anything this year so far and my work area became an store room. last time someone put something in there, they left the door open and cats got in there.

oh well, guess I will order some more. always fun
Old 08-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I finally gave up on trying to keep track of my stuff. I have a full set of tool in the wood shop, a full set in the garage, a full set in tool boxes for when I have to go somewhere, and a full set in the house because I never remember where I lay them down. At least when each building has their own set, I tend to put them back where they belong.

Corey I know just how you feel. I can purchase something and loose it the same day. As for cats in the house.. well that would never happen.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

That reminds me of an incident a few years back, I bought some caps for my revolver and they dissapeared. A month after I sold the revolver they turned up. So they will turn up, just no telling when.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had this kind of thing happen several times too. Usually when I buy more, is when they decide to show up.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Just last week I found a bag with seven tins of #11 Winchester caps under the seat of my truck. I remember buying them at Walmart right after Christmas last year.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 AM
WCW
Spike

The hardest thing for me to find is anything that is in plain sight. Last Saturday I picked up two tins of #11 caps and on Monday when I was going to sight in a gun I had reconditioned for the life of me I couldn't find them. I gave up and told myself that the next time I went into town I would have to get more. That evening I was at my desk answering some emails and low and behold there they were sitting in plain sight right next to the keyboard. My desk and computer are in the same room I keep some of my guns and most of my black powder supplies. This kind of thing happens to me all the time to the point it is driving both me and my wife nuts.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
I have had this kind of thing happen several times too. Usually when I buy more, is when they decide to show up.
have an feeling that is what is going to happen. always need parts and extra parts.