HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Sportsman guide and Knights (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/348703-sportsman-guide-knights.html)

builder459 08-24-2011 08:14 PM

Sportsman guide and Knights

Sportsman guide is now selling the Knight mountaineer,disc extreme and the bighorns.didn't see the LRH listed yet!

SuperKirby 08-25-2011 05:23 AM

MidwayUSA is also selling them. I'll have to go look to see which is cheaper.

Gm54-120 08-25-2011 05:46 AM

Midway looks like they are a little cheaper unless you get a SG club membership. Then SG is quite a bit cheaper. MidwayUSA is in Missouri so for me there would also be sales tax. Im not sure if SD includes tax since they are in Tennessee.

BTW BassPro might have them this year too.

mountaineer magic 08-25-2011 05:57 AM

Sportsman guide doesn't stock them the website says it ships directly from factory.

onetohunt 08-25-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gm54-120 (Post 3838629)
Midway looks like they are a little cheaper unless you get a SG club membership. Then SG is quite a bit cheaper. MidwayUSA is in Missouri so for me there would also be sales tax. Im not sure if SD includes tax since they are in Tennessee.

BTW BassPro might have them this year too.

It is good to see they are getting out into the market. I know what you mean about the sales tax part in Missouri, sales tax stink!!!!

HEAD0001 08-25-2011 01:40 PM

I refuse to purchase from an internet sales company that wants to charge me a fee to buy from them, or to get their better price. That is ridiculous. And therefore I will never deal with Sportsman's because of that.

I do buy some stuff from Midway. But they are starting to get bad about all their promotions and discounts as well. They change discounts from day to day, and inundate my E-Mail with promotions.

I wish there was just one good large dealer who would not play games and give good consistent prices and reasonable shipping. But I guess that is too much to ask.

Personally I can not see the gimmicks of Sportsman's doing much good for Knight. I actually think it might be a hindurance to Knight. Tom.

hometheaterman 08-25-2011 08:19 PM

I don't know that I agree. I've never ordered from Sportsmans Guide, but I know a ton of people who buy from them all the time. I have no idea if any of them will buy the Knights or not, but if they do, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it be from Sportsmans Guide.

I do with there was an internet company with great prices as well as low shipping.

I've learned to just add up the total with shipping and see which company is cheaper. Grafs usually is on smaller orders, and in most cases Natchez is if I'm ordering $100 or more. Midway has high shipping and is almost never cheapest on the items either, so I don't usually shop with them, but I know they are a pretty good company.

sabotloader 08-26-2011 06:50 AM

HEAD0001

Tom, I am a member of the SG Club and I do purchase a lot of items from them. On top of that there are membership items offered to club members on occasion that are really nice. The shipping is usually reasonable from from them on most items and the savings at the end of the year really does add up. Even in most instances you never really pay for the membership with the cupons they offer with the orders.

SG has been beneficial for me on many occasions.

txhunter58 08-26-2011 09:59 AM

and SG does not make you become a member, you just get better prices if you do. And the nonmember pricing is good without the extra discount.

HEAD0001 08-26-2011 11:30 AM

We all have different opinions. I completely understand that.

I just prefer not to do business with people who tell me I have to pay them for a better price. I am sure they have all sorts of programs. And I actually fell prey to their program and paid them once to buy from them. Then my time frame must have expired because I called in another order and was priced higeher. I guess it is an annual thing?? I don't really know. I just personally do not care to purchase from someone who wants me to pay them for the privelege of buying from them. I guess it just rubs me the wrong way??

The real reason was because at one time I worled for a company that did the exact same thing. And I saw first hand what a ripoff it was. And I guess that is what soured me. Oh well. Just an opinion. Tom.