HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Is a 250gr SST and 80-85 gr Blackhorn.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/348051-250gr-sst-80-85-gr-blackhorn.html)

builder459 08-11-2011 08:19 PM

You will need a hubbards 209 BP in order to shoot Bh209 from that side kick.Ray

Gm54-120 08-11-2011 08:26 PM

Big Ol Gobbler

Yep PR sells a ACP conversion and Metrics Unlimited sells a good BH209 pug IIRC. Those are actually pretty good guns once you swap out the breach plugs.

Big Ol Gobbler 08-11-2011 08:32 PM

Too much blowback with the lovely orange primer carriers? Thanks for the heads up.

Semisane 08-11-2011 09:38 PM

Sabot in a sidelock....eh....err.......ummm..........wheez... ....snort....
It's off topic, but..... No need to umm, wheeze or snort Muley. The Green Mountain LRH barrels on my Renegade and TC Hawken shoot sabots extremely well.

And if it's a matter of sabots in a sidelock offending your delicate "historically correct" sensibilities, well - that's just too darn bad. :D

oldsmellhound 08-11-2011 10:16 PM

I've taken 2 deer with 80 grains T7 and a 200 grain SST. One at 40 yards, one at 90 yards. No problems for me with this. And your load is 50 grains heavier. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this...

cayugad 08-12-2011 05:58 AM

I never shot a deer with a sabot load yet. But I would not be afraid to use that load.

Muley Hunter 08-12-2011 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Semisane (Post 3833725)
It's off topic, but..... No need to umm, wheeze or snort Muley. The Green Mountain LRH barrels on my Renegade and TC Hawken shoot sabots extremely well.

And if it's a matter of sabots in a sidelock offending your delicate "historically correct" sensibilities, well - that's just too darn bad. :D

You don't mind if I have an opinion, and I don't believe I was talking to you.

Nobody who knows me has ever called me delicate.

Why don't you put a scope on your Hawken and use pellets too? Maybe you can dip it in camo too. :lolabove:

sabotloader 08-12-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 3833799)
You don't mind if I have an opinion, and I don't believe I was talking to you.

Nobody who knows me has ever called me delicate.

Why don't you put a scope on your Hawken and use pellets too? Maybe you can dip it in camo too. :lolabove:

Muley... careful with the transgressions - apparently you have not seen Semi's 'sinful sisters' - all sidelocks all scoped - shooting Gold Dots...

Don't you remember when the Chinese developed sabots - centuries ago... sabots are really old - you had to be there - you gotta remember them. The French get a lot of credit but they just re-invented them.

Muley Hunter 08-12-2011 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 3833802)
Muley... careful with the transgressions - apparently you have not seen Semi's 'sinful sisters' - all sidelocks all scoped - shooting Gold Dots...

Don't you remember when the Chinese developed sabots - centuries ago... sabots are really old - you had to be there - you gotta remember them. The French get a lot of credit but they just re-invented them.

I know about his scopes. I thought it was a good time to rub it in.

Plastic....... centuries ago?

Actually, I do use sabots, only I call it a patch. :D

sabotloader 08-12-2011 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 3833806)
I know about his scopes. I thought it was a good time to rub it in.

Plastic....... centuries ago?

Actually, I do use sabots, only I call it a patch. :D

Nope.. no plastic... the Chinese use wood as the sabot...