Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lehigh Breech Plug >

Lehigh Breech Plug

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh Breech Plug

Old 05-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lehigh Breech Plug

I was looking in the flash channel in 3 of my breech plugs and at the ventliner and the flash channel inside the channel with a magnafine glass you can see gas presress erodeing the flash channel out have any of you seen this in your breech plugs please look
Old 05-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by a1smokepole
I was looking in the flash channel in 3 of my breech plugs and at the ventliner and the flash channel inside the channel with a magnafine glass you can see gas presress erodeing the flash channel out have any of you seen this in your breech plugs please look
I have had no indication of that type wear in my Lehigh plugs or vent liners.

Are you sure the walls of the flash channel are clean? You will need a #21 wire drill bit to get the the correct size of the flash channel. If you are using a 5/32" that is just a bit small and will leave flash deposits on the walls.

I should also say that I only have about 5-700 shots through my most used Lehigh plug and liner.

Last edited by sabotloader; 05-13-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Im using the #21 drill bit and have cleaned them out very will and oil the channel to and have about 175 round on one have email to dave to see whats up just whated to know of anyone have seen this on theres my be just mine
Old 05-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by a1smokepole
Im using the #21 drill bit and have cleaned them out very will and oil the channel to and have about 175 round on one have email to dave to see whats up just whated to know of anyone have seen this on theres my be just mine
I never oil mine - just dry them with compressed air.

Hope he gets back to you soon...

Also what powder and primer are you using? Should not make any difference but just wondering?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

I was looking at one of my new ones and there is a step down coming from the primer end going toword the ventliner and is filling up with primer powder and it looked like holes being eroding into the channel so everyone take a chill pill hope i didnt upsit some one ALLS GOOD