Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Whats this worth?

Old 04-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Whats this worth?

Just curious what this is worth, I am going to sell it, It is a 50 cal White Mountain Carbine, FlintLock. I have never seen a white mountain flintlock before, but it says 50 cal white mountain carbine, on the barrel. looks clean no rust on barrel. blueingis good but seems alittle thin. no rust in the bore. Looks like the stock has been refinished,no cracks or gouges. I bought a new 21" green mountain carbine barrel for it a couple years ago. I stopped by Track of the Wolf, bought a pan primer, six new flints, and a can of 4F powder. I had good intentions on shooting it but never did. I am just wondering if I should part it out and sell it on ebay ( I hate to do that to a gun) Or, place it on gunbroker.com. I really like the feel of this gun, but I can't see it just sitting in the Gun safe, she needs to be used, and I don't have the time anymore. Thanks for any information you can give me.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

To save you some grief. You can't sell/ship the powder. I would leave it out of your ads.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where are you in Minnesota Steve? I am in the south central part of the state.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a tough one. A few guys here really have their thumb on the used market of most rifles.

Is the extra barrel exclusive to the White Mountain Carbine action and stock only?? I don't think it is. I believe that barrel will also fit a Renegade frame.

If so then I would split the two up. And sell them separate.

The rifle should bring $200-$250. And the barrel should bring $100 or so to about anybody wanting a carbine barrel. I just saw a really nice TC Hawken sell for $250. And that is not real unusual to find that kind of deal. And I would value the WMC a little less than the TC Hawken. Just an opinion. Tom.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

The barrel is a 15/16" flint, and I live about 10 miles west of Wadena Minnesota. Why I had a picture with the powder in it is because its the only picture I had,and I am going to also try and sell it locally