Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Rifles does it first. >

Knight Rifles does it first.

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Rifles does it first.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Knight Rifles does it first.

After talking with Lehigh a couple weeks ago, the new Mountaineer will be able to shoot all the BP subs on the market today right out of the box. http://www.knightrifles.com/mountaineer-guns/ And yes that includes BH209.

And Knight is also offering a breech plug for Extremes, Elites, and Long Range Hunters that will reliably shoot BH209 and other BP subs.
http://www.knightrifles.com/209-conv...-plug-M900044/

Knight Rifles is definitely headed in the right direction there first year back.

I forgot to mention the best Range Rod/Cleaning rod i have ever used by far.
http://www.knightrifles.com/ultimate-range-rod-M900081/

Last edited by Grouse45; 04-03-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Banned

boy... and i get accused for product promotion

I at least agree with your range rod tom, love mine. No flexy issues or anything.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

its good to see knight staying on top of the game because this is what shotters want news and best qualty are will buy someone elses product
Old 04-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
After talking with Lehigh a couple weeks ago, the new Mountaineer will be able to shoot all the BP subs on the market today right out of the box. http://www.knightrifles.com/mountaineer-guns/ And yes that includes BH209.

And Knight is also offering a breech plug for Extremes, Elites, and Long Range Hunters that will reliably shoot BH209 and other BP subs.
http://www.knightrifles.com/209-conv...-plug-M900044/

Knight Rifles is definitely headed in the right direction there first year back.

I forgot to mention the best Range Rod/Cleaning rod i have ever used by far.
http://www.knightrifles.com/ultimate-range-rod-M900081/
Glad to see knight is doing something positive with there products.bad news T/C's already shoot BH 209 reliably with proper maintenance right from the box, which Knights BP'S will also require.always good to see USA made products leading the wayRay
Old 04-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

builder459

You might be surprised how little maintenance a Lehigh BP needs to be problem free. I know for sure of at least 2 50 shot strings without a hiccup and the channel still had a ton of room left. I haven't had even the slightest hang fire yet without a mag primer too.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
builder459

You might be surprised how little maintenance a Lehigh BP needs to be problem free. I know for sure of at least 2 50 shot strings without a hiccup and the channel still had a ton of room left. I haven't had even the slightest hang fire yet without a mag primer too.
GM, i wouldn't be surprised at all. first time out with the Triumph, 30 rounds ran a drill bit through it afterwards and didn't get any carbon out with it. soaked it in windex and vinegar and it was clean as a whistle.i am happy to see knight doing what they have to do to make there BP's work with all subs.even CVA is wising up although my understanding is there new BP won't come standard with there rifles, which IMHO is a mistake! point i was making to grouse was Knight wasn't the first. Ray
Old 04-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

In a way they did a first.

Ive yet to see one erode past specs including the primer pocket flame cutting. Plus if its a true Lehigh you just replace vent but that production run appears to be ending soon.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

While I do like Knight rifles I have to say all my TC's never misfired with BH209. If you look at Westerns newly designed V2 plug it appears to be based on an Omega plug, a plug that Western Powders really likes for igniting BH209. I would say Knight, well Lehigh, made a breech plug that is capable of firing all the powders but to say they are the first?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the "first" comment is based on that they made it specifically to function with BH209. BH209 was the main reason for the design from day one. T/C Omega type plugs are very good but they were not designed around BH209. They just happened to work well from the start. The Lehigh/Knight plug was designed around BH209 and we tested it very well when only Lehigh offered them. Ive even burned 2 boxes of WinT7 primers just to prove how well it works with BH209. I wonder how well the T/C plug would work with the same primer? It should work fine but ive never seen any reports.

The original test bed for BH209 was actually the Savage breach plug. Technically they were the first but still require more maintenance than the Lehigh.

BTW i would expect another first to be coming if the rumors are true...and its pretty damn nice from the talks ive had. AND NO DO NOT PM me for what it is.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 04-04-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

MountainDevil54

BTW its not that you promote a product and it never was. Its the unwavering bias you display here because of freebies/compensation and with all your "ad like" photos and "Infomercial type" videos. Statements like "A CVA will do anything a White or Knight will do" is ridiculous. Even i wouldn't say my Knights would compete in EVERY way with a White. They might compete well but not quite as well if you want to shoot huge conicals in 45 or 50cal.

Even i will recommend a CVA if that is what the OP wants. Ive never said get a Knight instead if the OP ONLY wanted opinions on which CVA to buy. I like the new Optima best in their lineup actually or if they offered a 45cal Wolf i would likely buy one in a blink.

I cant say ive seen you break from tradition and recommend another brand over a CVA or favor another brand over any CVA product. You even tried/trying to sell the Lyman Great Plains rifle even though its is superior over the Mountain stalker in quality. I know its hard when Dudley sent you atleast two CVAs for free according to your own words.

Please correct me or prove my statement wrong and i will recant it.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 04-04-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.