Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Very interesting finding! >

Very interesting finding!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Very interesting finding!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Banned

yep. I just stocked up on 2 of the 32oz bulk bore scrubber jugs, it works that good.

Hoppes did ok for me but towards the breech plug end, i always had hard time cleaning that area out, normally had to resort to a bore brush.

Run 2 or 3 dry patches, soak one patch with BS " LOL" swab the bore from both ends, follow up with a second wet patch, let that sit and then just follow up with another. Thats my cleaning procedure. Its some good stuff, i almost didnt try it because all i saw at first were the spray cans and figured that 10oz can would burn up in no time. That single can ended up lasting a full 3 months.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Those cleaning brushes can be found at www.proshotproducts.com It's a locally owned company in central Illinois that has quite a following here.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
yep. I just stocked up on 2 of the 32oz bulk bore scrubber jugs, it works that good.

Hoppes did ok for me but towards the breech plug end, i always had hard time cleaning that area out, normally had to resort to a bore brush.

Run 2 or 3 dry patches, soak one patch with BS " LOL" swab the bore from both ends, follow up with a second wet patch, let that sit and then just follow up with another. Thats my cleaning procedure. Its some good stuff, i almost didnt try it because all i saw at first were the spray cans and figured that 10oz can would burn up in no time. That single can ended up lasting a full 3 months.
I picked up a can of the foaming BS today. i take it you use the big spray can and not the gel. anyway i am going to give it a try.. Ray
Old 03-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Banned

yeah i used the big spray can, never tried the foam but make sure you follow the instructions and use 2 or 3 dry patches first to mop up loose fouling, makes a huge difference.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
yeah i used the big spray can, never tried the foam but make sure you follow the instructions and use 2 or 3 dry patches first to mop up loose fouling, makes a huge difference.
I do that before i leave the range/ wash i shoot in lol! you were right it does smell like baby powder Ray