Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Not Enough Play

Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Not Enough Play

I don't think Traditions' line of rifles gets enough play on this site.

Last edited by pluckit; 03-19-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

They don't get much play since they still have some major issues with them. when you research them you find out they have some serious issues with there frames and there triggers are still not very good. they are also asking quite a bit of money for a product that still is at the back of the pack! although have made some improvements over the past couple years.. Ray
Old 03-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

In comparison to what some of the inlines on the market are going for, this one was very reasonably priced. I would have to agree about the trigger being a little heavy but that can be fixed. And anything I've heard about the frame, I believe, concerned the alloy frame. This one has the steel frame.

Last edited by pluckit; 03-12-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good looking gun.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pluckit
In comparison to what some of the inlines on the market are going for, this one was very reasonably priced. I would have to agree about the trigger being a little stiff but that can be fixed. And anything I've heard about the frame, I believe, concerned the alloy frame. This one has the steel frame.
There newer models are alloy as are most. for some reason there having major issues with them.. also the new rifles are right up there in price..Ray
Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

I have several Lightning Bolts made in 2000 and all are tack drivers and never had issues with any one of them.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Traditions guns have killed a lot of deer. Every gun model-EVERY gun model, has some issues with it regardless of the manufacturer.

If you're happy with yours, I think that's awesome. I've owned and shot them. I have no problem with them. I have always regretted not picking up the "fur and feather" combo (12g and .50 cal) that Cabela's was offering not too long ago.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gotbuck
I have several Lightning Bolts made in 2000 and all are tack drivers and never had issues with any one of them.
I have only had this Pursuit to the range once to mount the scope and sight it in when it was brand new. Before I put the scope on it I fired a shot with it right out of the box and took the X out of the bulls eye at 25 yards without ever touching the sights.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

There newer models are alloy as are most. for some reason there having major issues with them.
What are the issues the them?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll have to take it to the range some other time I guess. It looks like I have to work Tuesday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.