Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Bore Coat in Accura Barrel >

Bore Coat in Accura Barrel

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bore Coat in Accura Barrel

Old 02-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

Default Bore Coat in Accura Barrel

I took this a LONG time ago but while searching through some old files i came on this one and realized i don't think i ever posted it.

This was after applying bore coat to the Accura's bore and firing it around 60 times. This of course is after i cleaned it out.

The green is actually the reflection of the trees in front of the barrel!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
mountaineer magic

Talking

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
I took this a LONG time ago but while searching through some old files i came on this one and realized i don't think i ever posted it.

This was after applying bore coat to the Accura's bore and firing it around 60 times. This of course is after i cleaned it out.

The green is actually the reflection of the trees in front of the barrel!
Is that Dyna-Tek? If it is it should be pretty good. After all the new Knights come from the factory with dyna-tek bore coating, so it must be good!!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

yeah it used to be ultra coatings bore coat but they just used a different name.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine looks just as good if not better and I just use Montana X-Treme Bore Conditioner. Shoot it, Clean it and Oil it and it will always look good!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Banned

clean up, thats where it really shines. Foul weather is another huge plus and my bore wont get rusty during those days.

I actually have my optima in my closet still loaded up from 2 weeks ago when i went hiking. Has about 15 shots through it with BH209 and so it will be interesting once i go and fire that load off and clean it. Hopefully theres no damage.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is one clean bore MD
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
clean up, thats where it really shines. Foul weather is another huge plus and my bore wont get rusty during those days.

I actually have my optima in my closet still loaded up from 2 weeks ago when i went hiking. Has about 15 shots through it with BH209 and so it will be interesting once i go and fire that load off and clean it. Hopefully theres no damage.
You're starting with SS barrels. Try it on your Wolf barrel, and see how it performs.

I don't have a SS barrel, so i'd be interested in that result.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned

already have the bore coat in a blued wolf. Clean up is a snap and no rust issues. My brother in laws wasnt so lucky and we've had rust/corrosion issues with his wolf. I'll be doing his wolf soon with the bore coat.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll talk to you about it.

I'm sure you know who this is.