Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight MHC is ready for Texas hogs!!! >

Knight MHC is ready for Texas hogs!!!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight MHC is ready for Texas hogs!!!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Knight MHC is ready for Texas hogs!!!

Well I have been working on this for about 3 weeks or so now. I had bought that new unfired Knight Disc Extreme MHC with the stainless fluted barrel and laminated thumbhole stock about 2 months ago. I got the Lehigh conversion put in it and I really like this. I will end up hunting with it also. I know a lot of guys that will use the red jackets when it comes to hunting but I think I want to give it a try. I had not shot the gun until about 2 weeks ago and this weekend I got to shoot the load that I'm planning on hog hunting with next week. I still have some fine tuning to do once I get back but I have it shooting fairly good out to about a 150 yards with a 110 gr of BH 209 and an orange MMP sabot with the 275 gr Lehigh bullet. I think this will end up putting a couple of porkers on the smoker. Looking forward to getting to try this out in the field.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

Need a picture of this beauty.........
Old 02-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

You really should post a picture of just to make sure we all agree that it does indeed look capable of killing a pig.
Good luck hunting. Hog hunting sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

This so called Knight MHC does NOT exist...Without PICTURES!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

What exactly does the MHC stand for..? Ray
Old 02-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by builder459
What exactly does the MHC stand for..? Ray
Gosh Ray! I am glad you asked give me a few minutes and hopefully I will have an infor sheet ready for you - thanks to GM54-120...

But it is all good news....

Here it tis... You will probably have to run your screen up with the zoom feature to read it all... but it is a really good gun...

Last edited by sabotloader; 02-14-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
Gosh Ray! I am glad you asked give me a few minutes and hopefully I will have an infor sheet ready for you - thanks to GM54-120...

But it is all good news....

Here it tis... You will probably have to run your screen up with the zoom feature to read it all... but it is a really good gun...

Hey thanks sabot, that sounds and looks a lot better than I could have written it! I will have to get some pics of my little beauty up, although the one in the pic is a dead ringer, except I took the open sights off of mine.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Dominant Buck

good luck to you... bad luck to porky. When's dinner?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

I went hog hunting in Texas close to 6 years ago and they are some tough and mean SOBS. Our guide said their hearts hang low in their front chest and their sides have a think gristle, you almost have to hit low in the sides to take the heart. I was able to hunt at night with a red lense on our scopes under a full moon, what a rush that was. Here is an excellent reference I used while hunting these hogs.

http://www.texasboars.com/anatomy.html

By the way I smoked all of my meat slowly with plenty of smoke for around 8 hours and you will have some of the best meat ever. I soaked the meat in garlic butter before putting in the smoker, my juice bowl above the heater had a mixture of water and liquid smoke for flavor. Good luck.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gotbuck
I went hog hunting in Texas close to 6 years ago and they are some tough and mean SOBS. Our guide said their hearts hang low in their front chest and their sides have a think gristle, you almost have to hit low in the sides to take the heart. I was able to hunt at night with a red lense on our scopes under a full moon, what a rush that was. Here is an excellent reference I used while hunting these hogs.

http://www.texasboars.com/anatomy.html

By the way I smoked all of my meat slowly with plenty of smoke for around 8 hours and you will have some of the best meat ever. I soaked the meat in garlic butter before putting in the smoker, my juice bowl above the heater had a mixture of water and liquid smoke for flavor. Good luck.
We have went down a number of times to hunt them, I have taken several but this will be my first time with a muzzy. I like to shoot them in the head, that seems to work best with putting them down for the count and field dressing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.