HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Help!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/339733-help.html)

builder459 02-06-2011 02:04 PM

Help!!!!!

Have someone who would like to join this site, he has repeatedly went through the registration process, everything goes well until he gets to the section where you type in the code. the program will not accept it. he has tried multiple times. i must admit i have experienced this myself on other sites and it is downright frustrating.i personally have sent a e-mail about this situation to the powers to be here on huntingnet and got no response on how to assist this potential member. any help would be appreciated. Ray

sabotloader 02-06-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by builder459 (Post 3769826)
Have someone who would like to join this site, he has repeatedly went through the registration process, everything goes well until he gets to the section where you type in the code. the program will not accept it. he has tried multiple times. i must admit i have experienced this myself on other sites and it is downright frustrating.i personally have sent a e-mail about this situation to the powers to be here on huntingnet and got no response on how to assist this potential member. any help would be appreciated. Ray

Remember the code is case sensitive...

NEK 02-06-2011 02:45 PM

I had the same trouble and had to try several times before it accepted my entry. I found that using the refresh option helped, because I had a hard time making out some of the letters - and as said before - it is case sensitive.

builder459 02-06-2011 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 3769833)
Remember the code is case sensitive...

Yes i am aware of that as he is,and it will not work for him.as i said i have had the same exact problem on other sites myself.he is also very good with computers.and it still won't register him. as i said i have contacted the site myself on his behalf and have not received any response. any suggestions SL ?

sabotloader 02-06-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by builder459 (Post 3769838)
Yes i am aware of that as he is,and it will not work for him.as i said i have had the same exact problem on other sites myself.he is also very good with computers.and it still won't register him. as i said i have contacted the site myself on his behalf and have not received any response. any suggestions SL ?

Builder... try sending a PM to HNI_Christine she is a site administrator - she can help....

Think that should be HNI_Christine

quake 02-06-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by builder459 (Post 3769826)

Builder, i believe the same thing happened to me the first time i tried to register the other day. On the second attempt at entering(the i.d. code i think?) i noticed a caption and a link that basically said click here if the registration application does not upload- it was basically a second link to click on to enter the completed application if the first "click to enter" link would not take or accept the info. In my haste of trying to register my info and not being sure what i did wrong the first time i almost missed the link. i believe the link was above the blanks where you enter your info. Sorry if this is a little vague as i am not the most computer savvy person on this planet and that is a fact! Hope it helps somehow. Good luck -Q

builder459 02-06-2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 3769843)
Builder... try sending a PM to HNI_Christine she is a site administrator - she can help....

Think that should be HNI_Christine

Thank you very much.. SL Ray

MountainDevil54 02-07-2011 01:00 PM

How'd you like Bruces wolf Ray?

Any ideer what he was using with the thors?

builder459 02-07-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3770223)
How'd you like Bruces wolf Ray?

Any ideer what he was using with the thors?

My impression of the wolf rifle was that it seems to be a "good" entry level BP rifle.i wasn't impressed with the QLbp, took 3 times longer than the BP in my Triumph to remove. Bruce shot my rifle and was impressed how quickly you can remove the BP on mine compared to his.Bruce shot various powerbelt bullets and the accuracy was ok.the FPB's we didn't even attempt to try in the tight barreled wolf. the .500 thors shot well and he will be buying more of them and concentrate on working up a hunting load.he is also making the change to BH209 powder and i informed him there were ways to rework the wolf's BP so it would reliably ignite it every time.we went over all the important area's of muzzleloading, cleaning, working up loads, various powders ETC.he had cleanbore and 777 primers only and had one no fire with the 777 primers and pyrodex. i gave him a pack of STS primers and he had no further problems.he is a experienced hunter that has never shot a muzzleloader. and wanted to be sure he was doing things properly. Ray

builder459 02-07-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by quake (Post 3769845)
Builder, i believe the same thing happened to me the first time i tried to register the other day. On the second attempt at entering(the i.d. code i think?) i noticed a caption and a link that basically said click here if the registration application does not upload- it was basically a second link to click on to enter the completed application if the first "click to enter" link would not take or accept the info. In my haste of trying to register my info and not being sure what i did wrong the first time i almost missed the link. i believe the link was above the blanks where you enter your info. Sorry if this is a little vague as i am not the most computer savvy person on this planet and that is a fact! Hope it helps somehow. Good luck -Q

Thank you and i will pass this info on to him... Ray