Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Kentucky Pistol almost finish >

Kentucky Pistol almost finish

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Kentucky Pistol almost finish

Old 02-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Nice!.....Good Job!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take the lock off (the part with the hammer connected to it) and on the inside you will see all the parts that hold the hammer back and make it drop when you pull the trigger. The sear is the part that the trigger knocks the hammer off of (or that the hammer rests on). There should be a small screw there that you can adjust for the ammount of clearance there is before the hammer falls off the sear. This will lighten the pull on your trigger.

Last edited by pluckit; 02-04-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:40 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by pluckit
Take the lock off (the part with the hammer connected to it) and on the inside you will see all the parts that hold the hammer back and make it drop when you pull the trigger. The sear is the part that the trigger knocks the hammer off of (or that the hammer rests on). There should be a small screw there that you can adjust for the ammount of clearance there is before the hammer falls off the sear. This will lighten the pull on your trigger.
I will check it out when I get home from work provided it's not late like last night.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

That job looks beautful pal. I have always wanted to get my had on one of these guns. My friend has one and it is a hoot to shoot.

Did you think of browning the barrel instead of bluing? That would give a little more character. Just a thought.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not all locks have all of these parts. But here's a pretty good guide.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by rafsob
Did you think of browning the barrel instead of bluing? That would give a little more character. Just a thought.
Ya, I really want to but am a little worried about getting the barrel hot enough. I thought bluing would be easier for now. Now, if some of the experts would chime in on some tricks, I might consider it.

Semisane

Thanks for the pics of the lock, that is very helpful.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Originally Posted by jid1877
Ya, I really want to but am a little worried about getting the barrel hot enough. I thought bluing would be easier for now. Now, if some of the experts would chime in on some tricks, I might consider it.

Semisane

Thanks for the pics of the lock, that is very helpful.
I know there are a few different methods of browning a barrel. One is to hea the barrel and another is without going through all the hassles of heating the barrel. I am just not that up on this process.

How about it guys? Do we have any experts or guys that have done the process of browning a barrel.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know anything about browning a barrel but in my opinion it looks like rust. Where as a deep dark bluing is just plain beautiful to look at. Especially when you've done it yourself.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

lookin good, nice work!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unkocked
The sear adjustment screw is on the top right of the tumbler. It's the screw with a coil spring on it.

Last edited by pluckit; 02-04-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.