Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Lehigh Breech Plug information. >

Lehigh Breech Plug information.

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Lehigh Breech Plug information.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lehigh Breech Plug information.

http://www.lehighbullets.com/products.asp?cat=28

Even though lehigh is out of the conversions, Knight is also selling them. The only difference is the vent-liner is braised in place.

http://www.knightrifles.com/209-conv...h-plug-M900044
Old 01-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Do you know if they will be available from Lehigh again in the future ? Glad I got mine already.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gman57
Do you know if they will be available from Lehigh again in the future ? Glad I got mine already.
Yes they will be. Lehigh is aloud to sale the few they have left. They ran out of vent-liners. The conversions should be back for sale with in the next 30 days.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:31 AM
Banned

Ok, I know many have tested this. I have kinda ignored them, as I have been pretty happy with the red jacket. But getting tired of them. And the only thing I can't stand is the all the primer blowback.

Do these conversions keep the primer area cleaner?
Old 01-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountryextreme

Do these conversions keep the primer area cleaner?

In MOST guns very clean.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Yes they will be. Lehigh is aloud to sale the few they have left. They ran out of vent-liners. The conversions should be back for sale with in the next 30 days.
So Grouse45... once Lehigh sells the few they have left, then no more available with replaceable vent liners ?

If so, not happy about that....the replaceable vent liner concept is a great selling point.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Brazed, is like soldered but at a higher temp using a brass alloy as the bonding material.

if the vents are brazed, they can be removed with heat, it just takes more than if it was soldered. After they are removed the threads can be cleaned with a tap and you can then thread in another vent.

If they are not threaded in then re-brazing will hold them in.

It would seem that Knight wants to sell replacement breech plugs and not replacement vent liners.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Screwbolts

It would seem that Knight wants to sell replacement breech plugs and not replacement vent liners.

My point exactly. And I want to buy replacement vent liners ($5) and not breech plugs ($40) ! Maybe Knight is concerned about liability issues with replaceable vent liners ?
Old 01-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

rt_con

I would like point out in this day and age.... liability is a huge concern.

Think about this, someone installing a BP without the vent liner, loading up and shooting....

Now can you imagine that might happen to someone.... can you imagine the U-Tube videos on that one.

Safety is a huge concern of any company, and it should be.

I do not like the vacuum fused idea but I can understand it.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I do not understand about the liablility issue is "Why has that not been an issue for Dave?".
I am always kind of skeptical but I have to think the greater profit in selling the whole breech plug/ ventliner combo played a big part in their decision to braze them together.
Muzzleloading is inherently dangerous if you are not careful, I don't see where the vent liners really make it more so.
Art

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.