HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Can we DELETE the just for your informaton post (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/339159-can-we-delete-just-your-informaton-post.html)

Paul Niskanen 01-27-2011 04:56 AM

Can we DELETE the just for your informaton post

Now this it seems that issue is settled can we delete it for the site? Can it be taken down by anyone. I for one an embarased by it. I don;t think it is the message we want to send to new folks looking at our sight for the first time.

Please I am not trying to ruffle any feathers or make anyone mad, I just think stuff like that put a black eye on something we all care very much about...US as a community of shooters.

SteveBNy 01-27-2011 05:23 AM

No reason to delete it - a lot of info there and it should stay.
If it bothers someone, just don't go there.
What is not needed are several threads started and running about it.
JMO.

Lance_23 01-27-2011 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Paul Niskanen (Post 3764677)
Now this it seems that issue is settled can we delete it for the site? Can it be taken down by anyone. I for one an embarased by it. I don;t think it is the message we want to send to new folks looking at our sight for the first time.

Please I am not trying to ruffle any feathers or make anyone mad, I just think stuff like that put a black eye on something we all care very much about...US as a community of shooters.

Agreed, this is not the place for arguments, and i think it should have its own discussion forum for things of this type, i for one have read this post and seems like every day i get on here and i see JUST FOR YOUR INFO, its annoying, and there is no good info in the post, it has nothing to do with hunting, fishing, and it doesnt even belong in the category its in, IMO i think things of this sort should be in PM's anyways, no one cares about some grudge battle between who ever.

Gm54-120 01-27-2011 05:38 AM

I would say archive it but it looks like its getting better. Lets give folks a chance to read it and post any "positive" comments that might occur.

Breechplug 01-27-2011 07:04 AM

Im on a Ford Mustang Forum and there they have what's called the (Hot Zone) It's a seperate part where you can go and say (Anthing) you want about Anything you want. from Politics to tearing into someone if you wish and nothing's held back. I kinda like that part. Also they have (and I really like this) is what they call (The Members Picture Gallery) You can click on the Members Avatar Pic and go to this Gallery and see Pictures the Member has posted of His Car and other Pics.
I think it would be a good addition to this Forum (The Members Picture Gallery) if our Forum had something like that so we could post Pics of our Game and other stuff and also Pics of ourselves so we all can put a Face with a name.
As for the (Just for your information) Post, after almost 3,000 views I dont think you can take back what all those have already read even if it was Deleted
(BP)

sabotloader 01-27-2011 07:45 AM

I posted this in another place bought thought I would bring a copy over here as well as the original thread...

While the thread certainly was not one of the finer moments, I believe that there can be a lot of lessons learned from the contents. Disagreements are going to happen, they have been happening since the beginning of time. But it says a lot when the disagreement can be discussed, even though it be heated at times, and mutual agreement is reached.... certainly better than the alternatives.

What happened in the thread boils down to 'conflict resolution'. Conflict resoulution is not always pretty and there is lot more of it needed. Hopefully it can all be kept behind the scenes but sometimes it does and needs to come to the surface to get resolved. Un-resolved confict can really become a problem and lead to some really violent reactions...

It is a proven fact that people can grow from confict if it reaches a resolution

Does this statement address the point???

With most conflicts, it’s important to find a resolution. This seems like a statement of the obvious, but many people suppress their anger or just ‘go along to get along.' They think that by addressing a conflict, they are creating one, and simply keep quiet when upset. Unfortunately, this isn’t a healthy long-term strategy. For one thing, unresolved conflict can lead to resentment and additional unresolved conflict in the relationship. Even more important, ongoing conflict can actually have a negative impact on your health and longevity.

MountainDevil54 01-27-2011 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Breechplug (Post 3764746)
Im on a Ford Mustang Forum and there they have what's called the (Hot Zone) It's a seperate part where you can go and say (Anthing) you want about Anything you want. from Politics to tearing into someone if you wish and nothing's held back. I kinda like that part. Also they have (and I really like this) is what they call (The Members Picture Gallery) You can click on the Members Avatar Pic and go to this Gallery and see Pictures the Member has posted of His Car and other Pics.
I think it would be a good addition to this Forum (The Members Picture Gallery) if our Forum had something like that so we could post Pics of our Game and other stuff and also Pics of ourselves so we all can put a Face with a name.
As for the (Just for your information) Post, after almost 3,000 views I dont think you can take back what all those have already read even if it was Deleted
(BP)

I show my beauty in some target pics or some of my videos :biggrin: