Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Montana Bore Conditioner >

Montana Bore Conditioner

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Montana Bore Conditioner

Old 01-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Montana Bore Conditioner

A few here were testing this product (was looking at old threads), would anybody recommend it?

If yes it appears I should get the gun oil out by swabbing with alcohol, befor applying the BC?
Thanks
Old 01-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Banned

Its good but my first shot after ive used it in the bore is always out of the group a good deal even after using a windex patch.

i think i have 3 ML'ers now with it in the bore due to them not getting shot a whole lot.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=MountainDevil54;3764472]Its good but my first shot after ive used it in the bore is always out of the group a good deal even after using a windex patch.

So you recommend shooting a "fouling shot" ?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

smokey92

I have been using it for over a year I think. (Montana X-treme Bore Conditioner) It is an extremly high quality bore oil.

I would certainly suggested it is well worth the expense...
Old 01-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Banned

[quote=smokey92;3764475]
Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Its good but my first shot after ive used it in the bore is always out of the group a good deal even after using a windex patch.

So you recommend shooting a "fouling shot" ?
Not so much fouling shot, i normally pop 3 or 4 primers through the gun after ive wiped the oil out of the bore. Thats really tamed it down so its now with the group.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I have five rifles I currently am using in the Montana X-treme Bore Conditioner in. The product has kept the bore of the rifles in pristine condition. I do swab the bore with an alcohol patch and then a couple dry patches before I fire. I also pop two or three primers/caps to clean the fire channel.

I have seen the first shot a little out of the group. Nothing that at this time concerns me. I have noted that while the rifle still fouls, it swabs clean very easy using Windex. Again, I can not claim that it is the bore conditioner that is doing that.

When it comes time to clean, the rifles clean up easy. But then all my rifles clean easy IMO. I clean them and no matter what I am using, it takes me as long as it takes. I am not racing anyone.

Would I recommend the product? That is a good question. I like the way the rifles shoot and clean that are treated with the conditioner. I can not say for positive that the bore conditioner is the cause of the ease in which they come clean and swab clean, but I suspect it has something to do with it. I am pleased at the pristine condition it keeps the bores of these rifles. So I guess I would say it is a good product and well worth testing in your rifle. But I would rather let you be the final judge.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have the same results as Cayugad. IF the first shot is out of the group it isn't by much. At least not enough that any deer would notice. And I do not foul the barrel. I just wipe with a dry patch, load and shoot.