HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Let's talk about Knight Rifles (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/339108-lets-talk-about-knight-rifles.html)

Michael396 01-26-2011 07:55 AM

Let's talk about Knight Rifles

Does anyone know if Knight is working on a dealer network or will they just go to big box stores or possibly both. I am happy to see them going into production again and it would be nice to see the rest of their plan for distribution and marketing.

sabotloader 01-26-2011 08:06 AM

Michael396

I am pretty sure they have at least one big box store connection in the works, and I am pretty sure they would like to get back to having a network of retailers. When.... only the demand for the new rifles will detirmine the extent.

mountaineer magic 01-26-2011 09:24 AM

I don't know if they are actively pursuing a network of dealers but I do know that they accept dealers. I had the local hardware store call Sam at Knight and we set up a dealership . They require a minimum of 4 rifles to be purchased. The application process for a dealership was pretty simple. I did this so I can buy American and buy locally, something that eveyone seems to shake their head at in this day and age.But if I don't keep the local hardwear store in business and they quit carrying a line of blackpowder items then I have to drive 120 miles one way for something. Right now the local True Value has a bigger Blackpowder section than cabelas. makes me happy.And prices are competitive.

Michael396 01-26-2011 09:30 AM

I am glad too see the local guy getting support. I have been considering bringing muzzleloaders in to my archery shop. I am thinking about Knight as possibility. The biggest issue is hiring someone with expert level knowledge.

flounder33 01-26-2011 10:05 AM

That sounds like a great thing Chet. I also try to buy locally as much as possible but with a Cabela's store only 14 miles away it is hard for the local stores to make it in sporting goods. A lot of them here have dropped guns and ammo.

HEAD0001 01-26-2011 12:11 PM

Not sure about the new company. But when the old Knight rifle company was ran by Tony he used sporting goods wholseale distributors. Tom.

builder459 01-26-2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 3764199)
Michael396

I am pretty sure they have at least one big box store connection in the works, and I am pretty sure they would like to get back to having a network of retailers. When.... only the demand for the new rifles will detirmine the extent.

You hit the nail on the head. in the end all the distribution will be determined by the demand for there products.

Michael396 01-26-2011 06:48 PM

I am waiting for Sam to call me about becoming a dealer. I have a person that I can hire to run the muzzleloader part of the shop too. I guess it is just a matter of profit margin and supply now.

Michael396 01-27-2011 07:43 AM

Knight is in the process of setting up a dealer base. I have completed the requirements and we are now a Knight dealer. I can't wait to get our stock in.

sabotloader 01-27-2011 07:51 AM

Michael396

Awesome! what is the name and contact information of the business?

I think I can ask that and not get you or I in trouble....