Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
ask my wife to an gun show. was that an good idea? >

ask my wife to an gun show. was that an good idea?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

ask my wife to an gun show. was that an good idea?

Old 01-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Corey, if you see something you want, wait til she moves on, then buy it. In all my years of marriage I have found that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.
Of course at this point in our marriage I don't care what she says. Whenever the big brown truck shows up in front of the house, she just shakes her head.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

This weekend me and the wife are going to springfield MO for our anniversary (24yrs)
. Now there is no way that I can go to Springfield without going to the Bass Pro Shop. She loves the store as much as I do, but when I get in there I'm kinda like a kid in a candy store. I have a consuming desire for a TC Triumph, now I dont need one at all, but I want one. So I will probably have to give Linda the checkbook so I dont do something rash lol. Sometimes taking the wife with you will keep out of trouble.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

when we go to go cloths shopping for her, we stop by an gander mtn, normally have to drag her out of clothing and shoes there.

she grow up with a lot of guns around, it is more of if she sees something.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

NEVER Take your Wife to a Gun Show, the next thing She'll want to know is how to use one! I did and now I have a Hunting Partner for Life, and also a Wife that know's how to Shoot almost as good as me. Now your gonna have to spend HALF the Money you were going to on yourself and the other half on your other half, for Her Half of the Guns.
(BP)
Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

BP,

she has shot more guns then I have. almost 3x more, but I am one up on her, she has not shot an muzzleloader
Old 01-26-2011, 01:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
NEVER Take your Wife to a Gun Show, the next thing She'll want to know is how to use one! I did and now I have a Hunting Partner for Life, and also a Wife that know's how to Shoot almost as good as me. Now your gonna have to spend HALF the Money you were going to on yourself and the other half on your other half, for Her Half of the Guns.
(BP)
BP
You got that right, When Linda started hunting with me many years ago it cost me a ton of money to get her set up, guns, clothes, stands and everything else that goes along with hunting. The truth is that it is worth it and I would do it again. We have had some really good times together in the woods hunting. One day she had 4 bucks chasing a doe out in front of her. She shot two of them and I have never seen her so thrilled in my life. I really never thought it would be so enjoyable to have her hunting with me.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:45 AM
Spike

Living South Arkansas I have to drive at least 75 miles to attend a gun show. My wife is a quilter so she likes to visit fabric stores, some times there is a gun show in one of the towns that we visit. One time in Hot Springs, Ar there was a gun show and Oaklawn racing. Gun show downtown at the conventetion center she dropped me off at the gunshow and she went to the fabric stores. She had to drive past the racetrack and all its traffic which is real bad. Long story short by the time I finished with the show and called her to come pick me up she had only been to one store.
She is still fussing about that. LOL
Old 01-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Don't over think it. Maybe she just wants to spend time with you. Every now and then my wife will surprise me by wanting to do something I like doing and it's usually just to spend time with me. She has yet to want a gun or suggest we go fishing but if I open the door by offering her to come shooting or fishing, she will tag along sometimes.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

I WISH my wife would go to a Gun Show with me and LIKE it.Take her Corey.She IS your Best Friend.