Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Just for your information >

Just for your information

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Just for your information

Old 01-24-2011, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
he used the name HOGGHEAD as well SL.
Not on MM...

The only memtion of hogghead in the archives is your recent post.

The old hogghead name on MM is registered to another individual in West Virgina and the IP's are not even close.

His other name was conicalman

Last edited by sabotloader; 01-24-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Banned

i did a search on MM on the name and nothing came up.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jon, I remember when lungbuster, aka Indiana Smokepole, aka Conicalman tried to make a comeback on this site under the name HOGGHEAD. If you would read the posts it was easy to see that it was the same man as these other people. But for you to insist that HEAD001 is that person is just wrong. Actually it is libel. Just because someone disagrees with you on matters of muzzleloading that is no reason to falsely accuse them.
The actions of Indiana Smokepole and his aliases were a dark chapter in the muzzleloading forums. Do not use them to falsely accuse this man.
Art
Old 01-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
i did a search on MM on the name and nothing came up.
You are right because the name never posted anything and was not use in the Saxman posts - any of them

I think you may be wrongfully accusing some one that does not deserve it.

LB1-indiana smokepole- Ron Goldman is not Head001. If you look up Ron Goldman you can even look at his house in Indiana on Goodle maps.

Head001, Tom, when you look look up his address puts him in a completely different state...

Last edited by sabotloader; 01-24-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like we might have found a case for James Garner A.K.A Jim Rockford
Old 01-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

flounder33

Art, since i have the ability to do it on MM - I did look up the HOGGHEAD name.

The information tied to that name is not even close to the information that I tracked for Ron Goldman.

I even went into it so deep that I filed a postal fraud document with the government. Using his address in southern Indiana.

I just ran the information on HOGGHEAD from MM tracked back to a different IP address - Ran the registers name and the adress does come back to WV.

Some one mentioned the name (hogghead) has something to do with the mining industry and is fairly common.

It really does seem that the accuser be KNOW and have positive proof of what he is talking about before you accusing someone of something. Going by hearsay and unproven facts can get one in troubled. But then again when this accuser needs defelct other statements it is easy to respond back with inflamatory information. He has done it on more than one occasion.

Last edited by sabotloader; 01-24-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

A while back MountainDevil54 accuse me of sending him a breech plug that wouldn't thread into his rifle. Then he wrote that the primer pocket was too loose, because the primer had soot all over it, when he fired his rifle using the breech plug that couldn't be threaded into his barrel. I tried and tried to get him to understand that the plug was actually a little tighter than an OEM plug, but he never seemed to get the drift.

Today, it seems he is again spreading false information, and again he appears to be trying to tarnish a forum member reputation. Hopefully, he will admit he was incorrect about HEAD0001, and perhaps even an apology. To this day, all these weeks later, he has never written a word indicating, he falsely described the breech plug he received from me.

Some days, when i am feeling the aches and pains of my age, i think about how it was when i was younger, and had a younger body without all these failing parts. I also remember what it was like to be brash, and loud, and quick to judge. Twenty years ago, our son was MountainDevil54' age, and he was a hand full too. So stubborn, and sure of himself; full of testosterone. We managed to weather those times with our son; hopefully this lad on our forum will learn to be a little more careful, before he again, writes something that isn't accurate.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
A while back MountainDevil54 accuse me of sending him a breech plug that wouldn't thread into his rifle. Then he wrote that the primer pocket was too loose, because the primer had soot all over it, when he fired his rifle using the breech plug that couldn't be threaded into his barrel. I tried and tried to get him to understand that the plug was actually a little tighter than an OEM plug, but he never seemed to get the drift.
Bringing this up again for what reason? You admitted that the plug was fudged up and others saw it that way as well. It would go in but VERY toughly.

Even though you did tighten up the headspace a bit, it wasnt no where near enough to seal off the blow by from the primer. My firing pin bushing is backed out .016" A LOT more than what you adjusted your plug for.

That angers me Ron that you still carry on with this. I know you said you dont mind it being dirty, but you sure did shim up your V2 and back the firing pin bushing out .020" !!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mountaindevil54, I have really, really tried and give you the benefit of the doubt over time, and have gone on the hope that someday you will grow up, but this example is really over the line. I was one of the most angry at Indiana smokepole and even was instramental at getting him banned from another site (as conicalman). However, to spread unsubtantiated accusations while producing no "proof" except a common name is just juvenile. Names on the internet are a dime a dozen and if you haven't figured that one out, I really feel sorry for you.

The sad thing is, little by little you are shooting yourself in the foot. More and more people will be turned off by your antics and you will end up without the goals you seek in the world or muzzleloading.

Adults admit their mistakes and apologize. I have been wrong and apologized too many times to count. I could be wrong, but I don't think I have ever seen such a post from you.

And if you keep this kind of thing up, you will be the one being banned off more and more websites. Then what?

I am probably one of the few that actually feel you might have something to contribute, but you are too busy always being right about everything for me to even listen to what you have to say any more. To be honest, I wish all websites had the "block" option, because I am to the point that I would choose that in your case. Sorry it has come to that, but that is the reality of where we are. JMO.

Last edited by txhunter58; 01-24-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Spike

txhunter58, you can block out folks here. Go to your account and look on the left side of the page it has a "edit blocked people"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.