Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Got the GPR all stained! >

Got the GPR all stained!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got the GPR all stained!

Old 01-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I think fatman is cool. He's jus hangin'
Old 01-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned

Heres some more pics. Got home late due to a bday party so i didnt have very good light. Going to hand rub another coat of oil finish onto the stock, let it set up over night and then truoil it again tomorrow should the weather allow me.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job MD. It seems like you really enjoy doing that sort of stuff. Not me! I should send you Mini Me and the .45 and let you play with them. They really need a make-over.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

your gun looks great. nice job on the stain for sure!
Old 01-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Heres some more pics. Got home late due to a bday party so i didnt have very good light. Going to hand rub another coat of oil finish onto the stock, let it set up over night and then truoil it again tomorrow should the weather allow me.

Now I can't wait to go to Bass Pro next Sat and pickup the stuff to refinish mine. Will the kit they have be enough for my Hawkens Rifle and Kentucky Pistol?
Old 01-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Banned

if its the birchwood casey kit with the truoil, walnut stain and stock sheen conditioner, it will be plenty.

Pick up extra sand paper and a spray can of tru oil. The spray on finish makes for a beautifully smooth appearance in the end.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pluckit
Nice job MD. It seems like you really enjoy doing that sort of stuff. Not me! I should send you Mini Me and the .45 and let you play with them. They really need a make-over.
Im sure we could work something out without your pucker hole puckering to much
Old 01-17-2011, 02:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
if its the birchwood casey kit with the truoil, walnut stain and stock sheen conditioner, it will be plenty.

Pick up extra sand paper and a spray can of tru oil. The spray on finish makes for a beautifully smooth appearance in the end.
Yep, thats the one I am looking at.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Spike

What is so differant between birchwood casey kit and stains and oil that you can buy from your local hardware store? I need to find out before we leave for Big Cedar Lodge tomorrow, as we will be stopping at Bass Pro on the way home.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:51 AM
Banned

alcohol stains penetrate the wood and are easier to control the color depth VS oil stains. All our local stores carry nothing but oil stain so BC or something else online has to be ordered when ever i restore a stock. So basically if you can find an Alcohol based stain, that will do the job.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.