HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   CVA Accura V2 ...... gonna buy one, but (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/337285-cva-accura-v2-gonna-buy-one-but.html)

PreacherTony 12-29-2010 06:18 PM

CVA Accura V2 ...... gonna buy one, but

I am wondering what the difference between the original Accura and the V2 is?

Here is why I am asking this .... I saw an Accura ...Brand New ...all camo scope, barrel and rings all camo as well with a sling and hard case for $600 at Gander Mountain ... but I looked and it only said Accura ... not Accra V2...was this last years model

What would be the differences?

MountainDevil54 12-29-2010 06:23 PM

$600 for the original Accura is a LOT.

V2 has adjustable trigger, rubber grip panels, soft touch finish on the stock. I much prefer the V2 over the original accura. Feels better when you hold it.

PreacherTony 12-29-2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54 (Post 3749573)
$600 for the original Accura is a LOT.

V2 has adjustable trigger, rubber grip panels, soft touch finish on the stock. I much prefer the V2 over the original accura. Feels better when you hold it.

This has the thumb hole stock with the grip panels .... does that mean it is a V2?

MountainDevil54 12-29-2010 06:36 PM

Ah heck i forgot! The V2 has the quick release breech plug while the V1 does not. The grip panels on the V2 are also rubber. The v1 accura didnt have them, just molded plastic.

PreacherTony 12-29-2010 06:47 PM

So if it has the rubber grip panels, it's prolly a V2? ..gonna go tomorrow and check it out and buy it if it is ... I noticed on thegun it only says accura but on the barrel it says v2 ..

Breechplug 12-29-2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by PreacherTony (Post 3749588)
So if it has the rubber grip panels, it's prolly a V2? ..gonna go tomorrow and check it out and buy it if it is ... I noticed on thegun it only says accura but on the barrel it says v2 ..

Yea it's the V2....but the Price is still a tad high. The Scope on it probably is'nt the Greatest either. If I were you and your not in a Big Hurry to buy one, I'd wait a few more weeks. It's After the Season in most places and if not it's almost over, so most places will start to discount there MLer's and you should find a V2 for a good price. Take the money you saved and buy a good Scope for it like a Nikon Omega or a Leupold Ultimate Slam MLer Scope. And not many people use a Case either so why spend the money on one if you dont need that either.
Take your time and do some shopping and in the end you'll be gald you did.
Best of Luck and Nice Choice!
(BP)

rdpettit 12-30-2010 01:04 PM

yea I can get the V2s for $306 black and $345 camo...V1s are $279 black