Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
So much temptation >

So much temptation

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

So much temptation

Old 12-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default So much temptation

Went to Walmart today with the wife and as usual walked back to the sporting good section. The worker there was marking down a lot of stuff. A black/stainless Omega marked down to $199 and a T/C Impact to $184. I had to walk away. My Knight is the only inline I need (at least that is what I kept telling myself).
Old 12-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Went to Walmart today with the wife and as usual walked back to the sporting good section. The worker there was marking down a lot of stuff. A black/stainless Omega marked down to $199 and a T/C Impact to $184. I had to walk away. My Knight is the only inline I need (at least that is what I kept telling myself).
That omega would have been taking a ride home with me lol. your a better man than i am!
Old 12-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Spike

our walmarts dont even carry mz loading supplies, thats too good a deal to pass up
Old 12-26-2010, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

#2 on the Omega going home with me.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I think I would have taken that impact rifle home and gave it a good home. For that kind of price. Our wal mart stopped handling all muzzleloaders and supplies. The manager of the sporting goods said they always had to have an end of season sale to get rid of the stuff. There was just no demand for the stuff during season.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Now that I think about it... I would have bought both!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now you guys are making me doubt myself. I should have kept quiet.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea ya should have grabbed a bargain when it was there. Our Wal-Mart quit selling Guns a few years ago, now they just sell MLer's and ML Supplies. They dont stock too much stuff and when you see it you better Buy It if you want it. They do stock some Hunting Clothes and Hunting Supplies and if you wait you can get some good deals at the end of the season, even on the ML stuff that's left.
Tonight I had to walk through the Hunting Section as I always do and sure enough there was a few TC's marked down as some CVA's, good deals, but I too have enough MLers and I almost bought but did'nt,,,,,I'll wait untill the middle of the week when they get marked down again.
Now what get's me, if you buy a TC befor the Season you'll pay for it, wait untill the Season ends and you can save from $175 to $250 on one or even more. If you can buy a new TC for less than half the price, what's Wal-Mart paying for them to be able to take such a loss to sell them for less than half of what they originally sold for.
So are you paying what the MLer is actually worth when the price is marked down so low.
(BP)
Old 12-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd have snatched that Omega up so fast my friend's dad grabbed an Impact.....not sure how much I like it but I should have a chance to shoot it before long. They had RS for 15 and t7 primers were 5, and the only bullets left were powerbelts (pass).
Old 12-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Spike

I need to find this walmart shoot me a pm will ya?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.