Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Scope options

Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by dirt1008
I really appreciate all of the info from everybody. I was leaning towards the Leupold and that's more than likely what I'll buy.

I have 3 of them and I really do like them, but the reticule is just a bit busy for me while the Elite is a little cleaner.

A suggestion - what ever you do - do not trust the graduations to do what they say they will do. For my self I just run the thing up to 9x and shoot the distances over 150 to make sure what corresponds to what....

DOA reticule is not as cluttered as the Loppy... of course you are not going to shoot it to 600 yards - but when you learn which line corresponds to your load it becomes really automatic. I like it as it works on the KISS principle.... 'keep it simple stupid'