Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
thompson center encore/shockwave problem?? >

thompson center encore/shockwave problem??

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

thompson center encore/shockwave problem??

Old 12-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

www.mmpsabots.com You can get sabots here. T/C does not make sabots, but gets them from different manufacturers from year to year. It is possible that you have a different sabot now, than the one you originally sighted in with.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:33 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mnprohunter
Thinking about the powder boxes not sealing up right...after they are open...has anyone ever used a foodsaver to seal a bag around the box and see if the powder stays in good shape longer?
Wouldn't you need to use silica gel or other desiccant to reduce the moisture level? Once the genie is out of the bottle it might be the only way to help put it back in.

Last edited by OzarkPA; 12-11-2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: because i'm an awesomely awesome spellor
Old 12-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Which sabots should I get to go with the 200 grain shockwave? That are on that last link? There are a few according to the charts that will work, but not sure which one would be best. Is there another style of bullet like the shockwave? One that is around 200 grains, give or take a little, and has a spire point? I'd like to get me some good sabots, and bullets for great accuracey, and low drop out to 200 yards. Any help would be great. thanks for all the help.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Ok, the sabots for my dads bullets are called harvester crushed rib sabots. They are .50 cal sabots for a .44 cal bullet. What diameter is the 200 grain shockwave bullet? I can't find it anywhere.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 200 gr Shock Wave is a 40 caliber bullet.
If you buy sabots for them you need 50/40 sabots. MMP and Harvester both make them Harvester makes both the Standard and the Crush Rib.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

Do you think since my dads 240 grain xtp's with the crush ribbed sabots shot good out of my gun. That I could order some that would work with my 200 grain shockwaves, and they would shoot good?
Old 12-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I also have a Thompson Center Encore with a Nikon scope. When I first mounted the scope with the see thru rings I had no problem getting the gun sighted in. The next year I switched to the Red Head scope rings and I got the gun boresighted and went to the range. I was shooting 2-3 feet low, not even on the paper. Then just this year and bought a different brand of scope rings and the same thing. I was shooting low and by time I got close to dead center my scope was adjusted all the way up. Next year I'm going to try shooting the blackhorn 209 with the Hornaday sst bullets. I know there is nothing wrong with scope.