Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Xtp never again

Old 12-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by falcon
The search for the elusive bullet that will turn a gut shot into a bang flop every time continues.

Falcon...this is an instant classic!! LMFAO Would make a great signature!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SmokeSeeker
BreechPlug Bullets are like women every now n then you fall in love with a BAD one lol. IMO this is what happened to you with XTP's,Yo relax a little and go do the deer a favor and try a new bullet out.I would suggest one of the bullets that SabotLoader is talkin about ..Have a nice day
What the Heck are you talking about???? Have you been Seeking Too Much Smoke! where or what did I say that said I had a Bad experience with the XTP's? I Love them and never ever lost a single Deer shot with them.
And do yourself a favor and learn how to track Deer after the shot.
(BP)
Old 12-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SmokeSeeker
BreechPlug Bullets are like women every now n then you fall in love with a BAD one lol. IMO this is what happened to you with XTP's,Yo relax a little and go do the deer a favor and try a new bullet out.I would suggest one of the bullets that SabotLoader is talkin about ..Have a nice day
I dont think the bullets have anything to do with it. I have shot numerous elk, deer, and bear with XTP"s without a single failure or a lost animal, they worked perfect. It doesnt matter what bullet you use, if you make a bad shot. Its always easier to blame the bullet than your lack of shooting skills.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fritz1
l...............................Its always easier to blame the bullet than your lack of shooting skills
and tracking skills
Old 12-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I made two very good heart shots this year and they still ran a very short distance. One was a perfect hit with a Barnes 458 SOCOM. Both lungs had massive damage and the heart was shreaded. She still ran about 30-40 yards and almost no trail. The other only went 10 yards after being hit with a 50-300gr FTX through the heart.

Both were compete pass throughs too.

Its kind of hard to pump blood when the heart is totally destroyed.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Spike

I dont think the bullets have anything to do with it. I have shot numerous elk, deer, and bear with XTP"s without a single failure or a lost animal, they worked perfect. It doesnt matter what bullet you use, if you make a bad shot. Its always easier to blame the bullet than your lack of shooting skills.
How can you say that you dont know him?
Old 12-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I made two very good heart shots this year and they still ran a very short distance. One was a perfect hit with a Barnes 458 SOCOM. Both lungs had massive damage and the heart was shreaded. She still ran about 30-40 yards and almost no trail. The other only went 10 yards after being hit with a 50-300gr FTX through the heart.

Both were compete pass throughs too.

Its kind of hard to pump blood when the heart is totally destroyed.
Nah ? Gm54-120 I shot allot of deer with a 300 rem.ultra mag,300 win. mag,7mm rem. mag, 30.06,308 win.,270 win.,30.30,I had lots of heart shots and they all everyone had a blood trail a blind man could follow.Some 2 feet wide....
Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by zZ50CalZz
Nah ? Gm54-120 I shot allot of deer with a 300 rem.ultra mag,300 win. mag,7mm rem. mag, 30.06,308 win.,270 win.,30.30,I had lots of heart shots and they all everyone had a blood trail a blind man could follow.Some 2 feet wide....
I have also, actually i seldom miss the heart because im very picky about my shot.

Impact area looked like this

But the only places with lots of blood was at the POI and where they expired. POI looked like a bomb went off and where they died looked like the butcher site....Granted neither left my site until they fell into the tall grass and the one barely moved.

Strange things can happen. If a man can take 6 shots in the head and run away to tell about it...anything can happen.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Breechplug
What the Heck are you talking about???? Have you been Seeking Too Much Smoke! where or what did I say that said I had a Bad experience with the XTP's? I Love them and never ever lost a single Deer shot with them.
And do yourself a favor and learn how to track Deer after the shot.
(BP)
lol you really must be a little slow
Old 12-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Spike

Whatever I know ? happened,and where the shot was placed.So the shot was a little high but still caught both lungs. I wouldnt even give XTP's to someone for FEAR they would use them for deer hunting instead of Target Shooting/Reloading 44 mag bullets/45 colt long. <<<which is what they are meant for.Not muzzleloaders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.