Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Its Addicting

Old 11-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Its Addicting

Funny for fourty yrs I never even thought about black powder shooting then I dont know 2 yrs ago I saw a sale that I thought was to good to pass up . I bought my first ML it was a Traditions Pursuit all camoed with a 3-9 scope on it when I shouldered it it just felt so different then a centerfire rifle .I thought that it would do as I thought I would only hunt 3 wks in January. I got my first ML doe and dont know what happened I didnt need it but bought an Accura and thought what am I gonna do with 2 MLs. I read on here and other forums how these smoke poles kinda grow on you and you want more.Now both my MLs will shoot a 1-2" grp at 100 yds and I really love shooting the Accura but all the posts about Knight rifles finally got me and Im now waiting for my (new to me) DISC Elite to get here . I havent got it yet nor shouldered one yet but already ordered a Lehigh conversion kit for it,cant wait. Going back upstate Thur with the Accura see what happens. Last week I let a small 5 ptr. go (with centerfire) that I let go twice in bow season, Im gettin soft as I get older.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

gman57

Its Addicting Not me I refuse to be addicted... I am testing all the various ML's that I think I need to test. I can quit anytime.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default Agreed!

Though there are worse addictions to have...
Old 11-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
gman57

Its Addicting Not me I refuse to be addicted... I am testing all the various ML's that I think I need to test. I can quit anytime.
(Cough) uh huh!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Dominant Buck

well I am a collector, but not at all addicted to muzzleloaders. I can stop any time I want with buying more rifles. So far I just have not wanted to stop...
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

You just ruined it for yourself.

Once you shoulder an Elite, you will likely set a new standard for any others you handle. Even the plain composite feels nice.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gman, I know what you mean about the Knight's. The way Sabotloader always talks about them kinda made me want to get one too. But after owning nothing but CVA's (execpt for 2) My Dixie Gun Works and TC Triumph that I got a good deal on and sold to a Kid for a Great Price, Im kinds hooked on CVA's. As much as I want a Knight I'd feel like I was betraying myself as Old Habit's are hard to break and I really like My CVA's.
But you being kinda new to MLer's Im sure the Knight would be a Excellant Addition, enjoy it and be sure to let us all know how that Baby Shoots!
I hope your Weather has been better than our's on the other side of the State, for most of our Gun Season so far we've had nothing but Rain and Wind. 2 mabey 3 nice days to Hunt with 1 1/2 days with Snow. Yesterday is Rained like Crazy and we had 60mph Winds, right now as Im writing this Im listening to it Rain, I was hoping to go Hunting today but for now it does'nt look to good......but.....later today it changes to Snow than Colder Weather all week with a Lake Effect Snow Storm Comming and nothing but Cold Days with Snow for the whole extended forecast.
I passed up a Big 6pt the second day of our Gun Season, he was following a Doe, I had him at 25yds Broadside but let him go, I Himed and Hawed for a good 2 minutes as I had him in My Crosshairs, but he did'nt grow and Browtines. He was wide, mabey 19"-20" and High, a Beauty but I knew there was Bigger One's on the Property so I decided to let him grow.
Now 12 days into the Season I have'nt seen any good Bucks since him, passed on a few small one's and only 12 Day's left untill Late MLing so I better quit being so Picky (Mabey)
Good Luck and Enjoy your Knight!
(BP)
Old 12-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Breechplug, weathers been basically the same here maybe a little better here on LI (only bow till Jan then spec. Mzl/shotgun season) then where I hunt in Greene Co. Going up to cabin this weekend with both Accura and centerfire dont know which one Ill use. No meat in freezer may influence my choice to the .308.The Elite probably wont get to me for a week or so, curiousity got the better of me found one looked good price seemed okay.But my Accura just holds and shoots sweet, I think 3 will will do it for me. Im the same way with Bow hunting and my gear cant seem to have just one or two. Hope weather (wind) eases up right now my flag outside is whipping up a storm.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not addicted to ML's just like i'm not addicted to Copenhagen. (I am quitting the second currently though.)
Old 12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

It is very addicting, but I like all the others do not have a problem with it, I, like the others, can quit anytime!!`

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.