Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

MountainDevil54

Old 11-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default MountainDevil54

I have got three emails from people on Modern Muzzleloader that say's your true colors are starting to show. Something about not paying for products? I hope this is not true.

I have told you several times, honesty is the best policy.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Personal attacks do nothing for our sport.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a feedback area on MM if this is true.
Why would they email you Grouse?
I am of the opinion that this type of post is damaging to your reputation as well as his.
That is All I got to say on this
Art
Old 11-27-2010, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you post something here from the other site that is clearly a personal issue between a few of it's members? This thread should be deleted.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flounder33
There is a feedback area on MM if this is true.
Why would they email you Grouse?
I am of the opinion that this type of post is damaging to your reputation as well as his.
That is All I got to say on this
Art
I will post when people don't pay for products sent to them on this board or any other board. Or when false information is provided. The only reputation i need to up hold is for myself. Truth and honesty period.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Banned

This is just another bald face lie and attack from yet again, a person with ties to Knight.

RonLaughlin sent me a custom breech plug that had damage to the thread where the plug would screw in loose and then get tight. It only got worse once i applied plumbers tape.

Everyone here knows how much ive done for others here, free powerbelt inserts, free bullets, a gun give away with bullets, targets and such, fixing or complete restorations on rifles/pistols.

Heres a copy/paste off MM,
i didnt refuse to pay, the plug has a rolled over thread which makes it tight/loose as i screw it in.

I fired 12 shots through it, 9 with American and 3 with blackhorn. The primers were bulged/sticking greatly due to the amount of fouling getting into the primer pocket.

If you would like to continue calling me a liar, i can easily make you eat those words with a video of me shooting and showing you the amount of fouling escaping around the primer and causing it to stick.

The pocket is just a bit to deep allowing it to move back. Normally i adjust this with the firing pin bushing but its just a wee to much to do that trick.

Im not mad at you, i figured the PM i sent yesterday explaining whats going on was a fair thing to do. I love your plug design but lets face it, each and every rifle out there isnt going to have the same primer spacing. It ended up being to deep for mine, allowing space for the primer to move back and fouling to escape. Same reason why i adjusted my original plug by drilling it deeper and then using Busta's O ring trick. That worked great but a pain in the butt with the o rings.

I even just showed my nephews 15 year old friend the breech plug and asked him what he thought and he said the plugs threads were all jacked up, like it was held by pliers and flattened out.

Like i said earlier, the Plug will be going back out in the mail to you as soon as you can inspect it and see some of the flaws "threads" on it.

I was afraid this was going to happen with the plug, the deal of if something was wrong it would be taken as a " ooooh hes just putting it down because i made it, blah blah blah.

You have me wrong Ron, i love the plugs design and your work, this one just goes into my Accura rough due to some rolled threads that can be seen with the naked eye.

If you think the plug is fine when you get it, feel free to add a few $$ onto the price and sell it as its been dipped in Gun Shield for easy fouling removal.

I believe my record of sending payment, sending items ive sold, RESTORING COMPLETE RIFLES - PISTOLS FOR FREE AND SHIPPING BACK ON MY DIME Making a custom mold to help Powerbelt shooters so their bullets wont explode, making and sending them out on my dime, free of charge, Helping others on the forums in any way i can, is pretty damn solid! Hell ive even sent Mounts to others for free because their wallets were in a bind.

And besides that, i was given a Test it out first and if it works, Pay for it, kind of deal.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grouse45
The only reputation i need to up hold is for myself. Truth and honesty period.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

This sucks that the issues of the breech plug was brought here. I want this problem resolved, and i don't like it that my actions are getting MountainDevil54 bashed. If i sent a breech plug with dinged threads, it is my problem. I think i have figured out a way to solve the issue of the primer pocket, even though i know for positive, it isn't too deep.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
This sucks that the issues of the breech plug was brought here. I want this problem resolved, and i don't like it that my actions are getting MountainDevil54 bashed. If i sent a breech plug with dinged threads, it is my problem. I think i have figured out a way to solve the issue of the primer pocket, even though i know for positive, it isn't too deep.
This breech plug is news to me. The word i heard was for bullets. WOW.....I guess multiple issues.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

MountainDevil54,
You just keep posting false and inaccurate information.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.