Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Accura V2 - First Time on the Range - Hmmm >

Accura V2 - First Time on the Range - Hmmm

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura V2 - First Time on the Range - Hmmm

Old 11-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Spike

Default Accura V2 - First Time on the Range - Hmmm

For the first time outing, for the first 5 rounds I brushed and swabbed. As a matter of fact, after #5 I cleand thoroughly. Next, want to fire three rounds in a row. The second round was difficult to load. Moving the round down the barrel to within 1" of the seat was easy. At one inch, very slow going. By the third round I was freaking out. I was worried that I was going to spark something I had to push so increadibly hard just to seat the conical.

Using Tripple 7 209s and tripple 7 50 grain pellets, used 2 per shot. Powerbelt 50 cal 245s.

What am I doing wrong? Why so incredibly hard to load?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned

T7 is a dirty powder and MUST be swabbed out after each shot.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

rlmx

FG is correct in a lot of guns T7 will create a crud ring that will cause difficult loading. For some reason I really do not have a real problem with the 'crud ring' and I think part of it is related to the bore oils that I use to condition the bore.

Here is what I do to pre-make patches for this application...

Old 11-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Spike

Default Can I Just Go Back to Pyrodex

The bad thing is that I bought 2 100 pellet boxes of 777. Will other pellets do the same thing?
Old 11-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rlmx
The bad thing is that I bought 2 100 pellet boxes of 777. Will other pellets do the same thing?
Yes 777 pellets for me were the worst and the loose powder is a little better with those primers. You could try some Rem STS primers but i doubt it will make a difference.

Use sabotladers windex patches and it not a big deal. You want to let the barrel cool a minute anyway. The bore conditioner does seem to help too and appears to get better over time vs a fresh bore.

Its either that or use BH209 powder and make sure your breach plug is clean every 10 -20 shots.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 11-20-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

When I used T7 pellets the above suggestions made shooting at the range much easier and more accurate. I switched to T7 fffg and it was a little better. Swabbing between shots and use of bore conditioner the answer for the pellets.