Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva wolf acurate

Old 11-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Spike

Default cva wolf acurate

I was wondering I have cva wolf new one. Are they on out of the box?
Anyone have a picture where sight should be out the box if there on.
I don't know I shoot at about 30yds 25yds was in bulls eye move the target out to about 60 50 yds no where to be found on paper.
I was told that there pretty. Close at 100yds out of the box true

Picture where my in set

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/g...TU1NS5qcGc.jpg
Old 11-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Banned

Sight it dead on at 25 and move out to 50 yards.

Not true that open sights are close to being on at 100 yards, no eye sight is exactly the same. Thats the owners duty to go and start off at 25, 50,75 and 100 yards.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

I had to sight mine in. when i got mine mine the sight was loose. go to the range and do what mountain devil said
Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Spike

The wolf was the first BP gun I bought, mainly for the price to start my muzzleloading hunting. My first season, with stock iron sights I shot 2 does, a buck and a turkey.

The second year I put a scope on it and its my gun of choice. Ligt and packs a punch . I have scoped it in @ 100 yrds and can shoot a 3" group anytime of day. Alot of people I know that shoot them only use 2 pellets, but I have always shot the magnum load (3) wih 295 platinum aerotip Powerbelt sabots.

The deer I took this year was literally 10 ft from me from tree stand. I put the cross hairs just above the left shoulder and at the angle I was shooting it was a direct heartshot and he dropped in his tracks, without an exit wound. I will not get rid of mine unless it gets run over by a freight train. I camo'ed it with realtree AP, and scope is camo, so is sling. I love it when carrying a full pack and its so light I hardly notice its there.

Be careful of the ramrod holder towards tip of barrel. Mine broke off while carrying my climber stand over shoulder and have heard of others coming off if it hits something. Thats my only problem with it after 5 BP seasons.

This is the 9 pt I got second season with the wolf @ 75 yards

And this is this years buck with the wolf

Last edited by hardwoodhank; 11-21-2010 at 11:07 AM.