Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cvx wolf sight in

Old 11-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Spike

Don't know what could be wrong. I get close at 25 move out to 50 don't matter what I do I shoot way high if I move the sight down don't make a difference. still shoot high I can move sight lowest as it goes still shoot hi. What is wrong with this gun.
I here they where good but I am thinking else.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every now and then guns are sold with the wrong front sight. Sounds to me like your gun needs a shorter front sight. If you mount a scope on it, that should also cure it.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own a 2010 Wolf myself and love it.I've never read any complaints about them either.It's probably something you are doing.I realize what you're going through is hard to deal with but I believe you should start over at the begining.Swab the barrel after every shot starting at a range so close you cold hit a bulls eye with a rock.Once you get it figured out I think you'll be very happy with the rifle.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Spike

I don't know how it could be me after 60 rounds same dam thing matter what I do I been cleaning it every 2 3 shots.

I called cva guy I talked to was thinking I had bad sights. Was going to send me some new ones. Takes 10 day so my muzz hunting this year is over.
There is next year maybe.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oops, if the gun shoots high with the rear sight in its lowest position, a TALLER front sight will fix it.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 AM
DCM
Spike

If dead center at 25 yards then you must be catching the "convergence" where the bullet crosses the line of sight (having started an inch or so below) on its way up. If anything sounds like a too short front sight. If you are willing, and the sight shaped appropriate might even look around at other rifles, see if the dovetail size is the same, their height, etc., until you get the package in the mail.

Last edited by DCM; 11-23-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Try this. Add height to your front sight with a piece of tape. Start off with it pretty high. Set your rear sight in the middle of the elevation setting. Shoot at a large target at about 15 yards. begin trimming the front sight down until you're dead on at that distance. That will tell you how high of a front sight you need.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I should admit that I never fired my Wolf using the iron sighhts. I just scoped it and sighted it in with the scope.So I really don't know how the irons sights are on my Wolf..It shoots great with the scope though.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

you could try making some shims for the front sight to get by with.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Spike

If you are hitting center @ 25 yards, then that is not a good thing. You should be high at that point. You should be hitting center at 100 yards. Find a good balistics chart. Powerbelt has one on their web site. However, you should be on the paper. Swabbing is important for accuracy, but to say you would be totally off the paper at 50 yards due to swabbing is probably not correct (I will probably be called on this statement). I can safely say that that has never happend to me, or anyone I know ( all 1 of my friends , at least he admits he is a friend, in front of me, but not infront of anybody else, hmmmm.) due to a failure to swab. I took a CVA Accura V2 out of the box recently and hit center high (although I couldn't seat the round right after a couple of rounds). How long have you been shooting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.