Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What primers everyone useing >

What primers everyone useing

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What primers everyone useing

Old 11-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the W209's in my Knight Disc. They wouldn't work in the wife's Triumph. It works good with the Remington 209's. I just bought a box of the high dollar Winchester 209's for T-7 pellets. I hope they work on her Triumph.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 AM
Typical Buck

I use Winchester 777 primers. I had read speculation that normal shotgun primers may actually start the bullet moving before the powder fully ignites. I have no idea if this is true, but I switched anyway. No complaints so far as my gun is shooting great.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot T7 for a while. I have sworn off of it now. But that is a different subject. I ran across a good deal on 1,000 of the Remington MZ 209's. So I bought them. I also have about 20,000 W-209's for my shotgun. So I have tried both of them. Honestly I could not tell any real difference between the two. But everyone said a few years back that you needed to shoot the MZ specific 209's so I bought a 1,000. Once I use them up I might try something different. But I am having good luck with them.

I keep telling myself I am only going to shoot straight BP in all my MZ's from now on. But I keep reading about so many of you guys who like the BH-209. And I keep thinking I might want to try a canister. Then the couple of times I almost bought a canister I just got pi.... off at the price, and the package is not even a pound of powder. I will probably break down and by a canister in the off season. But then again I might not.

BP is working real good with my own bullets that I cast. And I am a cheapie. Tom.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

fusion here
Old 11-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also shoot an Endeavor. I use Win 209 and Rem STS and have good results with both but I am using a breach plug that has been modified by drilling it full length with a #21 drill and tapped for an inset Lehigh vent liner. This has improved my groups lessen the carbon deposits by at least 50 % and worked with complete dependability.