Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Early ML season starts this Saturday in VA >

Early ML season starts this Saturday in VA

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Early ML season starts this Saturday in VA

Old 10-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default Early ML season starts this Saturday in VA

Well my bow season hasn't gone as planned. I have been out quite a bit, seen some deer, drew on one deer, but haven't taken any shots. I have had deer in bow range, but haven't gotten any shots. I hope to turn the season around once muzzle loader season starts.

If you haven't seen my posts over the last few weeks, I have my Knight Revolution and my wife's TC Encore dialed in and ready to go. It will be my wife's first year deer hunting so I will be spending a lot of time trying to get her a deer before I can work on getting myself a deer. Hopefully it happens quickly so I can try out my newly scoped gun too.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am skipping opening day my self, work mainly is way, going to the range and hoping to get my two inlines finalized,

skipped all of early bow, little too warm for my taste.

good luck to you
Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes...yes it does. I'm excited. This is my first season with a ML. I can't get used to the idea that the high will be 65 degrees where I'll be hunting, though. Weird.

Good luck!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

This Saturday am, I will be sitting in a stand on some private land in Loudon County. Monday I will try out the George Washington Nat'l Forest for some "still hunting" (ie., mountain climbing).

Good luck to all.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't be there for the first week, but I will the 2nd. Good luck to you!
Old 10-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Spike

I will be in the mountains here in Bedford Cty.........muzzleloader is dialed in an just hope the deer are moving.Seen some good signs of some pretty big bucks that are using the area, along with some trail cam pics..........can't wait.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

I hate missing opening day in Virginia, i have to work due to monthend jobs being run by my customers. But i will be there next friday and will be hunting 12 straight days. also I got a bow kill doe near Bland Va last weekend , good luck to all
Old 10-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's sixteen days and counting for me. Saturday morning, 13 Nov, I'll be looking through the peep sight of the .58 GM/TC Hawken.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

I will be out opening day tomorrow all day as the bucks are moving hard in my area of Culpepper Co. I have not seen much big buck sign in the area and have only seen some small spikes and three pointers and such during bow season (took one spike and two does), but that does not mean anything at this time of year. I know from experience that a big bruiser can be cruising through the area looking for that first doe in estrus. I hope he comes by me as my ml is dialed in and ready to go. Good luck to the rest of you all as well.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Going out tonight for one last hoorah with the bow. I have to sit tomorrow out though... work... oh well, someone has to do it! I will be in Bath Co. thursday through saturday though! I can't wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.