Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Got my hunting license.  And my "muzzleloading license".  Grrrr. >

Got my hunting license. And my "muzzleloading license". Grrrr.

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Got my hunting license. And my "muzzleloading license". Grrrr.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate to rub it in, but in Ohio, if you hunt on your own land you don't have to pay a cent. So I haven't paid for a license or
deer tag in 7 years
Old 10-31-2010, 02:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by corey012778
those in state $18 here $18 there, oh $4 for forest lands,

nato, don;t forget if you use up your tags the extra for more.

now, does in va resident know if you have to buy an special tag to hunt in cities that have an bow season.
I actually think we hunters here in Va. have it pretty good,,,For 76$ i can kill 6 deer,,a bear,& 3 turkeys! and I have 4 whole months to do it! I cant even fill my truck with gas for 76$ and if it takes me anymore than 3 minutes to get it done im gonna be late for something!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
Hey 7.62NATO
My farm is located near FortValley Va and I am resident of MD so I have to pay $214......every year........They don't care if I own land or not still a NON RESIDENT.........
Jaybez:
Check this out,,,hope it helps!

License Exemptions

All persons, except those listed below, must purchase the proper licenses before hunting or trapping. Where exempt, the exemption means the individual is exempt from the basic hunting license, bear, deer, turkey license, archery license, crossbow license, muzzleloading license, and Virginia Migratory Waterfowl Conservation Stamp. (All seasons, bag limits, and checking requirements apply).
  • Resident or non-resident landowners, their spouses, their children and grandchildren and the spouses of such children and grandchildren, or the landowner's parents, resident or non-resident, do not need a license to hunt, trap or fish (on inland waters) within the boundaries of their own lands.
  • Tenants, on the land they rent and occupy, are not required to have a license