Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Open sights questions >

Open sights questions

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Open sights questions

Old 10-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Omega has the same issue; the rear sight needed to be moved way to the right, so far that it sits flush with the right side of sight base. I think it is an alignment issue and nothing more. But since they are only for backup, I'm not too worried about it, though it does bother me. Now, if I were using see-thru mounts, it would probably bother the heck out of me. But there's no way I could deal with using mounts that high, so I don't have that problem.

It would be nice if the front sight was adjustable. You could move the rear sight a little to the right and the front sight a little to the left, and it wouldn't seem so extreme.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
My Omega has the same issue; the rear sight needed to be moved way to the right, so far that it sits flush with the right side of sight base. I think it is an alignment issue and nothing more. But since they are only for backup, I'm not too worried about it, though it does bother me. Now, if I were using see-thru mounts, it would probably bother the heck out of me. But there's no way I could deal with using mounts that high, so I don't have that problem.

It would be nice if the front sight was adjustable. You could move the rear sight a little to the right and the front sight a little to the left, and it wouldn't seem so extreme.
Very good point. I may never even use the open sights as I have the scope? Who knows. So as long as its shooting close with the sight like that I don't really mind all that much. I'm just picky and it just makes me wonder a little about the gun as a whole.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear you. Actually, it's par for the course these days. I'm trying to remember the last thing I bought that was perfect out of the box. Nope, can't do it.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

NEBRbruiser

So as long as its shooting close with the sight like that I don't really mind all that much. I'm just picky and it just makes me wonder a little about the gun as a whole.
I guess I am anal for sure - because it would drive nuts. While none if the guns that I own or shoot with open sights - None have to be moved to the limits to zero...
Old 10-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

bruiser
how far away from the target were you when you started to zero the open sights?
Old 10-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Spike

I had the same problem last year with my new TC bonecollector all my friends were laughing till they shot it and couldnt even hit the paper. I brought it to TC and they put a new barrel on her. barely had to move the sight this time