Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Almost here

Old 10-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Almost here

Saturday is the opener for the Arkansas ml season. Gonna head to the cabin friday and stay for the 9 day season. I sure hope the deer start moving a bit better, we got white oaks covering the ground and deer dont have to go far for food. Anyway it will be good to get away for awhile, the wife took vacation as well so it will be her and me. Maybe one of us can make some smoke while were up there.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Good Luck!What part of Arkansas will you be hunting?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Good luck to you and your wife.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hope you guys put some meat on the ground Greg.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are hitting acorns heavy here. They are not moving much, but a stand in the white oaks is as good a bet as any. Deer seem to favor certain trees over others, so if you don't find deer right away, still hunt until you find fresh feeding sign and get on them. 9 days sounds like a nice vacation.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck. Hopefully nine days will be plenty.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Will be huniting in sharp county, northeast part of the state
Old 10-14-2010, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

Best of luck to you Bud. I've been smokepole hunting down here in SE Georgia since last Sunday but its been so durn hot that the deer and hog aint moving yet. Good luck to you and the wife.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boy you Guy's with these Early ML Seasons sure have us beat, Our's does'nt start untill Mid December, but our Shotgun Opener is Nov 20th so that's when I'll finally get a chance to cloud up the Woods.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Wifes Company, hope you both put some Venesion in the Freezer!
Oh, we Had or First Frost the other night here, got into the high 20's, our Fall is Early this year, the leaves are falling like crazy, usually this does'nt happen untill the end of October. Looks like it's goona be bare up in the Treestand for Archery Season that starts this Saturday.
Does anyone else have a Early Fall going on where you live? It may be a Bad Winter this year.
(BP)
Old 10-14-2010, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Does anyone else have a Early Fall going on where you live? It may be a Bad Winter this year.
Darn tootin right Breechplug. It got down to the mid-40's here last night. Our problem is we need RAIN real bad. Haven't had hardly any for over a month now. We put seed down on a half dozen food plots two weeks ago and it hasn't even tried to germinate yet - just sitting in the dust waiting for rain.

Here's a shot from a trail camera at the back end of one of my plots. Not a speck of green yet (but that big brown spot with four legs looks real nice.)

Notice the temperature at 7 p.m.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.