Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
scope or no scope? Please >

scope or no scope? Please

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

scope or no scope? Please

Old 10-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hubby11
I don't think Natchez still offers the 4x32 for $40. On their website, they have two 4x32 ProDiamonds, the shotgun scope for $65.45 and the rifle scope for $343.40 (typo?!?).

In any case I kept putting off picking up another one of these. Should not have waited.
That's a dad-gum shame hubby. Still, at $65 with the Simmons 25% rebate, you can get it for $49. That's not bad for a great scope. What bothers me is Natchez is showing them as "Special Closeout Prices/Limited Quantity". If Simmons discontinues that model I sure will miss them.

I see they have the Simmons 4x32 "8-Point Riflescope" on sale for $24.99 ($18.75 with the rebate). Why don't you buy one of those and tell us if it's any good.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Turtlesoop - welcome to the forum, and I'm glad your injuries weren't more severe than they were. Here's praying that you heal up and make as full a recovery as possible.
Now - about the question - by all means, scope it.
There are lots of good choices, and it looks like you have some suggestions from people who have already field tested them for ya!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

also, I forgot to mention above in my reply. I also use (See Thru Mounts) High Base for My MLer. I always have the MLer Scoped in and also sighted in with the Open Sights out to 50yds. I sight in the Open Sights 1" High at 50yds so if a Snow Storm comes and My Scope Lens gets Snowed over or it's Raining Really Hard, and a Big Buck come in I can still make the shot, it's happened.
Im still a good shot with Open Sights out to say 80-100yds, but I still would'nt trade the Scope for Open Sights, the Scope has so many more advantages over Open Sights. But Both are Good to have that's why I use High Mount See Thru Bases for All My MLers.
(BP)
Old 10-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

In the Army I shot targets the size of a man's torso at 500 meters with peep sights all day long and I grew up hunting with old .22's and shotguns, I really never used scopes until recently. It's taking me awhile to get used to them but now, I couldn't imagine hunting without one.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

In the Army I shot targets the size of a man's torso at 500 meters with peep sights all day long
There was a time I could do pretty well with iron sights too. Of course, there was also a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Scope it. No need for a 1000 dollar swarvoski EL, just a simple Low power scope will do. It makes things easier, and you feel confident