Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New Prohunter - terrible trigger... >

New Prohunter - terrible trigger...

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Prohunter - terrible trigger...

Old 10-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

what do you think the turnaround time is on an action if you send it back to TC for a trigger job to be performed?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Lil Problem: bellum is no longer doing trigger jobs. Maybe I'll call T/C but suspect that they are not doing a 3pd trigger job if only for liability reasons... so sad
Old 10-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by onetohunt
what do you think the turnaround time is on an action if you send it back to TC for a trigger job to be performed?
I just sent mine out for a hammer replacement and they told me 3 weeks but i had it back in 10 days.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have done several, down load these free instructions. i recommend several things for getting the best results with a minimum of effort and complications. The trigger spring for 2 to 3 pounds has worked the best, I put the heavier hammer spring in for several reasons. Smooth all the mating parts take off the seam [ what usually causes the problem] first with a fine cut needle file then with the AR stone, DO NOT change the angles just smooth the surfaces to glass slickness. For the instructions go to:
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=456
Old 10-15-2010, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by lemoyne
I have done several, down load these free instructions. i recommend several things for getting the best results with a minimum of effort and complications. The trigger spring for 2 to 3 pounds has worked the best, I put the heavier hammer spring in for several reasons. Smooth all the mating parts take off the seam [ what usually causes the problem] first with a fine cut needle file then with the AR stone, DO NOT change the angles just smooth the surfaces to glass slickness. For the instructions go to:
http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/index.php?cid=456
Lee,
I am about to work on my Encore trigger. I downloaded Bellm's instructions. Is the sear really soft enough to cut with a file?