Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
I Know, I Know, I know, but Im back..... >

I Know, I Know, I know, but Im back.....

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I Know, I Know, I know, but Im back.....

Old 10-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I Know, I Know, I know, but Im back.....

Fist off let me say that I know I have'nt been here in awhile, not that I have'nt thought of all you Guy's but it's just that I have to Work to Play and My Summer is Work and Walleye Fish when I can, other than that I really dont do much Shooting untill Fall sets in or should I say the (Fever Set's in)
Im one who finds what works and uses that, so Im not into all the NEW Gotta Have this and that stuff, I know what I have works, Does it's Job and I Harvest Game. I've been through all the gotta try this and that, and it just cost money and time, why change what works if it works. I break out the ML, re check the Scope and go Hunting, Im Simple, the Game is the Tough Part.
Were just about finished Harvesting the Grape Crop and Bowhunting Season starts in a couple of weeks, I go from Bowhunting to Gun Season to ML Season.
In a quick Nutshell My Wife Connie had a couple of Surgery's on Her Wrist and She wont be Hunting this Season, She may go just to be there but the Pain and healing wont allow Her to Shoot her ML, Shotgun or Bow, She still has two more to go.
But Im back and I'll throw my 2 Cents in every now and then and I hope Im still part of this Forum. Mabey when I Retire I'll have the time to spend more time with the ML and all of you, but for now I got to do what I got to do.
Missed you all and I hope you Welcome me back.
All My Best to you all and I wish everyone a Safe and Successful Hunting Season.
Ron (breechplug)
Old 10-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the wifes surgeries and hope it all works out for the better. Good luck this season
Old 10-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome back breechplug.Looking forward to hearing about your hunts.Always a pleasure to read your posts.All the best to your wife.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Welcome back... good to have you again. Sure hope your wife heals real fast.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm one who finds what works and uses that, so I'm not into all the NEW Gotta Have this and that stuff, I know what I have works. . . . . . . why change what works if it works.
Aw Breecplug. Don't start laying common sense on us. Where would component manufacturers be if everyone thought that way?

My modus operandi is to find what works (and hang onto that info for hunting) and then try about about a dozen things that don't work quite as well. Then think of something that's almost sure not to work and see if I can make it work. Then go back to what worked in the first place. Makes no sense, but I enjoy it.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back BP.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Aw Breecplug. Don't start laying common sense on us. Where would component manufacturers be if everyone thought that way?

My modus operandi is to find what works (and hang onto that info for hunting) and then try about about a dozen things that don't work quite as well. Then think of something that's almost sure not to work and see if I can make it work. Then go back to what worked in the first place. Makes no sense, but I enjoy it.
I like your Style Semisane, and you Always know just what to say Also for some reason it's been a little harder for me to start making the change from Summer Things to Fall Hunter. When I was younger I could'nt wait for Fall to get here, but now Im more worried about the things that I used to let wait if I had to, then when it's all finished I make the Transition.
I think Im just making it a little Simpiler on Myself, I dont need to Shoot My Bow a Gazillion Times or Shoot My ML a Billion to get ready, now I practice, shoot and then put all the years gone by know how to work.
But I know when the Cold Crisp November Mornings arrive the Hunter in me will awake and I'll snap back into what I love to do more than anything.
As I have said in the past this Forum would'nt be the same without you on it Semi, I Wish you all the Best for a Successful Season and a Healthy Prosperous Life.
God Bless You!
(BP)
Old 10-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why thank you Breechplug. I love you too - even though you don't look all that attractive in your picture. (Good looking deer, though.)
Old 10-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
Why thank you Breechplug. I love you too - even though you don't look all that attractive in your picture. (Good looking deer, though.)
Yea He was a Nice Buck, 170's and most Girls say im a 10, but if I was a Deer I would'nt rank that high on the B&C Scale now would I. Anyway back at ya Semi.
(BP)
Old 10-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back... but I'm barely here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.