Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Remington 700 ml

Old 09-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

Smile Remington 700 ml

I've used many muzzeloaders including tc encores cva's traditions and the 700 ml wich is the only ml I own now. I've killed many deer with it and love the gun but being as Remington dosnt make it anymore Ive been thinking of adding a backup incase something happens to it and I can't find parts. Is this a good idea? Should I worry I won't retire the Remington until I have to and I'm not haveing no trouble with it it's the most accurat muzzleloader I've ever used so I was wondering what kinda backup y'all think if I even need one thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Fork Horn

Parts can still be had. Except for the bolt & breechplug everything can be used that's made for a short action 700. I've just put a 45 together using "parts". The bolt assembly is coming from brownells, the trigger is a timney, the new SS barrel assembly came from numrich, the trigger guard & screws came from midway, it's going to set in a boyds stock. You can even buy a "parts gun" for under 200 if you watch gunbroker. But If you are set on a new/different ML and are looking for a reason to buy, it's as good as a reason as any I guess. Oh I put a bolt conversion on my 700 ml from hunter on the green board, they work very well.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

Is the bolt conversioon the 209 conversion cause mine has that
Old 09-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Spike

nope better
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/ph...ic.php?t=18099
and here is the link I was really looking for
http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/ph...ic.php?t=16218
VERY little blow back if any.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Main rifle is the 54 cal Remington. The back up is a 50 cal Remington.
I don't for see a parts problem for a very long time.

Al
Old 09-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't get rid of my Remington for nothin I may just get a second one because I like em so good
Old 09-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

I just got my 700ML last year and I feel the same way. I just went over it really good and it's runnin' smooooth!!! I think like you, that it'll be a few years before I consider puttin' her up. I was in Darlington County earlier this year visiting my mom, saw some deer and snakes,caught some fish.How's the huntin' down yer way?
Old 09-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

It's ok season starts Friday here in the mountains so I'm excited... We don't have as many deer as the lower part of the state but usually we see some good bucks